Masters 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Sasuke92 View Post
    Kyren vs Hawkins was really a bore after Ronnie painted a masterpiece in the afternoon.
    I'm beginning to wonder what people want from this game... it certainly seems it isn't snooker in its truest form

It seems those of us who truly love the sport and all its varying types of play (scrappy, tactical, grinders) are few and far between these days.
    Last edited by Billy; 17 January 2018, 02:55 AM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      Thanks

This one is for the mods, and forgive me if it's a stupid question, but why is discussion for this tournament in the Lounge rather than the Pro Tournament forum?
      Because this is Ronnies exibition not a pro comp.

Comment

• The Kyren vs Barry game really an excellent one! Ronnie was out of this world in the afternoon but I really enjoyed the evening game. Plenty of scoring, good tactics, drama....the best of snooker
        Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Thanks

This one is for the mods, and forgive me if it's a stupid question, but why is discussion for this tournament in the Lounge rather than the Pro Tournament forum?
          Created there by the original poster, as I am often on the phone app, the fourm/subforum is not displayed clearly;
          anyway, I have moved it tot he Pro Tournie subforum

Originally Posted by sealer View Post
          Because this is Ronnies exibition not a pro comp.
          I certainly hope not!
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
            I enjoyed what I saw of today. I have complained about Ronnie's matches being 1 sided and boring on here before, but that was great to watch. I've decided it's OK in the earlier rounds, but if it happens in the final it's just a disappointment, the final should always be a good match.
            If Ronnie plays like that what can anyone possibly do to make it a match...nothing that's what.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Created there by the original poster, as I am often on the phone app, the fourm/subforum is not displayed clearly;
              anyway, I have moved it tot he Pro Tournie subforum

I certainly hope not!

It has been for half of a decade now :-)

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                Created there by the original poster [...]
                anyway, I have moved it tot he Pro Tournie subforum.
                Ah! Okay thanks.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Anyone know what's happened to Hazel? She was scheduled to be presenting this as far as I knew.
                  Doesn't Hazel do Ski Sunday?

I remember in the 80s when David Icke always used to be lead presenter of the Masters (with a bit of Tony Gubba for back up) because David Vine was off skiing and presenting Ski Sunday
                  Last edited by richiet; 17 January 2018, 01:45 PM.
                  Richie

Class 3 referee, very average player

Comment

• Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                    3 : 0. Poor Marco, he is always lost against Ronnie.
                    Not always - he came within a whisker of beating him not so long ago (last season or last season but one)!

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                      It just shows how badly snooker pays, I mean Brecel and Allen clearly can't afford razor blades.
                      Can't be that bad - Mark Allen can certainly afford extravagant waistcoats! There again though, they may be the same ones he's been wearing the last few years, so he might be feeling the pinch ....

Glad to see he's got through to the next round, for some reason I can't stop laughing whenever I see his attire, so that'll be something to look forward to .... That tartan one he used to sport a while back was a real hoot!

Comment

• Such gutsy potting by Carter. He is a pleasure to watch. Certainly THE elegant of the two. Murphy looks to be giving away far too many chances to force this match to a nail biter.

Comment

• Murphy played well.

Comment

• This one has final frame decider written all over it.

:snooker:

Comment

• 2 - 2 at the interval and bubbling up nicely. I didn't quite catch the introductions, but did I hear them call Anthony "The laughing assassin"? surely not.

By this stage in the competition just 4 years ago, we had around 450 posts on the thread. Don't know what it means, if anything at all, but I find it a bit sad.

-
                              The fast and the furious,
                              The slow and labourious,
                              All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                                This one has final frame decider written all over it.

:snooker:
                                Ah, a living survivor! Yeah, good stuff isn't it mate.

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X