No announcement yet.

Masters 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful Final! Beautiful words afterwards from both Kyren and Mark. Great to see that...just a lovely end to this special Final. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

• Masters 2018

well done Mark Allen.
      Kyren gave it all (obviously) but I am sure more to come

cheers guys for the match
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Great final. Congratulations to Mark Allen. He was the best player all week.
        ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
        "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
          Wonderful Final! Beautiful words afterwards from both Kyren and Mark. Great to see that...just a lovely end to this special Final. Loved every minute of it.
          For sure a nice interview.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Allen beating Ronnie and Higgins.... had to be his.
            Star performance from Kyren..... also what a guy to ask for the "mobile phone dude" not to be thrown out.

Comment

• Good match, happy that Kyren Wilson didn't let Mark Allen run away with it.

Still unsure about whether or not Kyren Wilson hits the ball too hard under pressure, or if he just hits the ball hard in general which makes it look worse when he does miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
                Wonderful Final! Beautiful words afterwards from both Kyren and Mark. Great to see that...just a lovely end to this special Final. Loved every minute of it.
                My sentiments exactly! I welled up for Kyren at the end there, don't mind admitting.
                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                  My sentiments exactly! I welled up for Kyren at the end there, don't mind admitting.
                  You gotta feel for him, he must be gutted.

Nice to see Mark Allen tale home a big prize as he's certainly had his ups and downs and battle well this week.
                  Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                  Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                  Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

• A well deserved Masters victory for Mark Allen. Congratulations! Having beaten O'Sullivan and Higgins on the way to the final and with his phenomenal positional play all week I expected him to raise this trophy. Hopefully his name is big enough now to not being introduced as Mark Williams any more!
                    Last edited by herbie; 21 January 2018, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Good win Mark, he beat the best guys in the business

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
                        Yeah that ONE time, all that goes to prove is how much of a massive underachiever he was due to his lifestyle. A few years ago the commentators were on the verge of orgasm any time trumps name was mentioned, not so much these days.
                        So you started by illustrating "Always finds a way to lose" with a player who won everything except the worlds, then it turns out winning doesn't count until they win several? Is John Higgins another example of always losing or does winni g two count as winni g?

Comment

• Well done to Allen - I kept expecting him to falter but he kept doing enough and Wilson made too many errors tonight. Great final - very tense, especially this afternoon!

The tournament itself this year feels a bit flat - there were some great performances in individual matches but overall it felt like the event never quite caught fire, but perhaps I've been spoilt in recent years with some thrilling Ronnie and Selby nailbiters.

Comment

• Not quite the midnight finish I wanted, but only about half an hour short. :smile:

It was an enjoyable match with lots of close and tense frames, so I can forgive them for making some mistakes along the way. Well played to Mark Allen, he was the best player all week, and just a little bit stronger than Wilson tonight. He's had plenty of tournaments like this in the past, where I thought he was playing well enough to win, but for some reason he just wasn't able to convert his good form into titles. Well, tonight makes up for all of that. Hopefully he can build on this and become a more consistent contender at the major events, because he certainly has the game to win a couple more.

A pretty good showing from Wilson as well, just a few too many mistakes in the end. That's the third final he has lost this season, but he hasn't really had an "easy" one yet, so we can't be too harsh on him. Players tend to play their best snooker after the age of 30 these days, so time is still very much on his side.

All in all, it was an interesting tournament. Usually I don't like to see the top contenders go out early, so losing Selby and O'Sullivan would have bothered me in other events, but the Masters has such a quality field that an enjoyable final weekend was almost guaranteed. It was nice to see a couple of less-prolific winners contest a major final for a change, after the domination of the usual suspects in recent years.

Looking forward to the German Masters at the end of the month. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              Not quite the midnight finish I wanted, but only about half an hour short. :smile:

It was an enjoyable match with lots of close and tense frames, so I can forgive them for making some mistakes along the way. Well played to Mark Allen, he was the best player all week, and just a little bit stronger than Wilson tonight. He's had plenty of tournaments like this in the past, where I thought he was playing well enough to win, but for some reason he just wasn't able to convert his good form into titles. Well, tonight makes up for all of that. Hopefully he can build on this and become a more consistent contender at the major events, because he certainly has the game to win a couple more.

A pretty good showing from Wilson as well, just a few too many mistakes in the end. That's the third final he has lost this season, but he hasn't really had an "easy" one yet, so we can't be too harsh on him. Players tend to play their best snooker after the age of 30 these days, so time is still very much on his side.

All in all, it was an interesting tournament. Usually I don't like to see the top contenders go out early, so losing Selby and O'Sullivan would have bothered me in other events, but the Masters has such a quality field that an enjoyable final weekend was almost guaranteed. It was nice to see a couple of less-prolific winners contest a major final for a change, after the domination of the usual suspects in recent years.

Well said!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                                I only hope Quest cover it, cos my Sky pack doesn't include Eurosport.
                                "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Working...
                                X