No announcement yet.

China Open 2018 - £1 million prize money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selby is starting to make some serious mistakes and Kyren Wilson cuts the lead to 5-3.

Comment

• Apologies for being thick, but the first post implied some sort of re-Ranking... So it's 1 players from the horizontal groupings?

If so there are a few really tough ones, especially the bottom one?

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
        Apologies for being thick, but the first post implied some sort of re-Ranking... So it's 1 players from the horizontal groupings?

as you may have gathered that the China Open needs to be finished and the results applied to the World two-year ranks; then the final placements in the World Championship draw is complete

(is that what you meant?)
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• What time is second session at?

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
            What time is second session at?
            12.30 British Time

Comment

• No, I'm with the four still playing in china and the Main Draw tbd's...

I meant that after the First Qualifying Round the Players are re-ranked ie if top seed loses then second becomes first and plays lowest ranked still in... rather than the convention of bod who beats first taking over in a fixed draw.

Comment

What time is second session at?
                Local 1930
                BST 12:30

Comment

Apologies for being thick, but the first post implied some sort of re-Ranking... So it's 1 players from the horizontal groupings?

I'm not sure what you are meaning.

Comment

No, I'm with the four still playing in china and the Main Draw tbd's...

I meant that after the First Qualifying Round the Players are re-ranked ie if top seed loses then second becomes first and plays lowest ranked still in... rather than the convention of bod who beats first taking over in a fixed draw.
                    Oh, no. There's no re-ranking.

Let's look at the first section:

1) Ryan Day - Unseeded Player A
                    2) Mitchell Mann - Unseeded Player B
                    3) Robbie Williams - Unseeded Player C
                    4) Peter Ebdon - Unseeded Player D

Day will play an unseeded player (let's call him A) first. If Day wins he will play the winner of match 2 (Mitchell Mann - Unseeded Player B). If Day loses "A" will play the winner of Mann - B.

Comment

No, I'm with the four still playing in china and the Main Draw tbd's...

Round one is part seeded (for 17-32) and non-seeded, these places are now fixed; for Round 2 and 3 it is usual knockout draw

^as JimM has above

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                        12.30 British Time
                        Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        Local 1930
                        BST 12:30
                        Thanks to both

Comment

Thanks to both
                          http://www.timebie.com/timezone/beijinglondon.php

Comment

• As Confucious said: explaining your confusion makes you look stupid

There should be a load of tbd's in that Wiki chart.

Comment

As Confucious said: explaining your confusion makes you look stupid

There should be a load of tbd's in that Wiki chart.
                              The non-seeded players are drawn randomly after the end of the China Open.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                                The matches are already underway for a long time, but my predictions would have been the same as yours. Wins for Selby and Hawkins. Though as it's Best-of-19 I would have rather gone with 10-6 for Selby and 10-7 for Robertson.
                                Yeah, that was not my best moment. I was so sure the matches were best-of-17 that I didn't even bother double checking last night. I would have probably gone with 10-7 and 10-6 if I had. I also didn't check the start time for this morning, so I overslept and had to watch it back.

It was a bit of a struggle after the interval, but I think it's probably for the best that Wilson won both of the really scrappy frames, because there is now still half a chance he makes a match of it in the second session. Robertson and Hawkins were much more fluent (though I missed the first few frames, unfortunately ), mostly one or two-visit stuff from what I saw. I might actually watch that as the main match this afternoon now. :smile:

Comment

Working...
                                X