X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebdon average shot time 31.88s

Selby 22.90

Comment

• Suprised to see Perry so high haha. Selby similar to Robertson. Interesting

Comment

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
        Suprised to see Perry so high haha. Selby similar to Robertson. Interesting
        Perry is a quick player

Robbo looks several times for each shots just like Selby
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• You've got to love the swaying cobra set-up Selby has. How those balls go anywhere near the pocket is remarkable!

Comment

• Originally Posted by ken147 View Post
            You'll see at the World's that Selby's average shot time will invariably increase. Keep an eye out of his average shot time for the WC. I expect it to be at least 2-3 seconds longer than his average now.
            Yep, and is the point... Hard ball, match snooker whatever... Most of us should beckearning from him in how he plays..

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sitting Room Snooker View Post
              You've got to love the swaying cobra set-up Selby has. How those balls go anywhere near the pocket is remarkable!
              Yep, crazy stuff unless for shots of his hair and tv camera to cut to his Mrs. And probably not something to copy, although I have sensed it...

Comment

• I'll swap Selby's setup/technique for mine any day, thank you very much. And of course, his hair. :emptiness:

-
                The fast and the furious,
                The slow and labourious,
                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• As above, I've sensed the swaying, am kinda glad I don't have his hair as I'd be unbearable...

His sway isn't as unwatchable asTrump's bridge arm\shoulder\elbow, and as above: he is a lesson to most of us as he gets the most from his talent...

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                    As above, I've sensed the swaying, am kinda glad I don't have his hair as I'd be unbearable...

His sway isn't as unwatchable asTrump's bridge arm\shoulder\elbow, and as above: he is a lesson to most of us as he gets the most from his talent...
                    If he wasnt very talented for this game he wouldnt be dominant in it, regarldess of aesthetics of his shots.
                    Other so called ''talented'' guys train as hard as him more or less and he still gets to beat them...
                    Last edited by kibo; 8 April 2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                      And of course, his hair. :emptiness:
                      Few things in this world are perfect, but Selby's hair is one of them
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        Few things in this world are perfect, but Selby's hair is one of them
                        True
                        I am not sure he would be as mentally stable as he is in the game if he started balding tomorrow

Comment

• https://discord.gg/pxKW9qQ

SNOOKER WORLD Discord Server

Join & Discuss the world of snooker in real time
                          just,2,3 clicks and you are in

Thankyou....

Comment

• https://discord.gg/pxKW9qQ

SNOOKER WORLD discord chat community
                            Join the server & discuss the world of snooker in real time

Just 2,3 clicks you are in.
                            Thanyou...

Comment

• That was sadly a very one-sided final. But I'm happy for Selby to find some kind of form before the World Championship and certainly there can't be a more worthy winner of this premiere of this newly improved event.
                              Selby didn't play great yesterday, but still pretty good. Especially in the first session. He really made most of his mistakes, when he had already a huge lead. And as Odrl stated that fifth frame may have been crucial for Hawkins as then he seemed to start to make more easy mistakes. And of course Selby often utilized on them. I think this is the message his rivals at the Crucible received: He may not be on his top game - but they have to be to beat him there and need to use their chances.

As for Hawkins I hope that in his head the good result at Beijing and the great stuff he played partly will be the lasting memory he keeps from the China Open and not the heavy defeat in the final. Then he should be able to put a good run together at the Crucible again.

All in all this was a great tournament with the lengthy matches that are much more enjoyable than the short stuff. Especially of course the semifinal and the final and I certainly hope it stays this way. It was also a proof again that in tournaments over this distance really the best players come through, as with Selby, Robertson, Wilson and Hawkins there were four of the elite in the semifinals.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Sitting Room Snooker View Post
                                You've got to love the swaying cobra set-up Selby has. How those balls go anywhere near the pocket is remarkable!
                                Only if you are one that believes what happens before or immediately after contact has any effect on the outcome, otherwise it is as expected.

Comment

Working...
                                X