China Open 2018 - £1 million prize money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    I don't actually think Selby is any slower than the average player. Take Ronnie, I find when you watch his movements around the table, he doesn't look fast, but when you time the breaks and shot time, he is quick.

I find Selby isn't slow around the table, but his style appears slow and dragged which makes him 'seem' slow. He feathers about 3 times, long back swing and shoots.

Plenty players who take longer than Selby.
    I 100% agree with this. I have always been baffled when people say Selby is slow and boring to watch. I find him a joy to watch when he is on form. He has every aspect of the game nailed. Brilliant player and he does have charisma. I know he used to joke around more on the table in his early days but that behaviour wasn't winning him titles. I still think he shares a joke or two with the ref and his opponent more then most players do either way. He had Peggy Lee laughing a couple of times in the final. I just love watching him play, as much as I love watching Ronnie. Its all about watching the game being played to an exceptional standard.
    Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

• I love watching Selby play. He's graceful and elegant around the table.

Comment

Working...
      X