Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sealer
    replied
    Shame on Barry to let it go so easily. Selby is not easy on the eye so not much of a watch.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Same old story then, the favourite runs away with it in the first session. This seems to happen almost every time O'Sullivan, Higgins or Selby get involved in a major final these days, unless they are playing each other. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Some good snooker and steals but Barry must have put the wrong eyes in or something...
    Either a very short evening session or one of the greatest come backs in history.....
    I know which I wish for :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    What a brilliant steal from Selby to go to 4-1. Was back 1:58, came closer with a nice break, which he also used to free two balls from the cushion, took the right point to leave it with just one red left, forced a next chance after three very strong snookers and cleared the last 8 balls.

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    What a frame to win for Selby. He played some brilliant safety on the final red to get the chance, and that pink with the rest was a great shot as well.

Five frames to go, he will be pushing for a big lead now...

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I honesty can't remember the last time I was up at 7am... Better be worth it. :smile:
    It happens occasionally to me, when I'm on a business trip, but yeah, when I'm at home, it's a rarity for me as well.
    So far it is worth it.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    China Open 2018 - £1 million prize money

6am here

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    I honesty can't remember the last time I was up at 7am... Better be worth it. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    I think much of the outcome will depend on which Selby turns up. The one from the last rounds are the one from today. I have a feeling that the Hawk might prevail this time, but I'm hesitating to pick against Selby in a big final. 11-9 for Selby is my guess.
    Yeah, I have to go with Selby as well. Hawkins played the better snooker today, no doubt about that, but there is just such a vast difference between their records in major finals... I mean, Selby has won 9 of the last 10 major finals he's played in, and most of his opponents were all-time greats. That a ridiculously high win rate in today's game. As you say though, Hawkins has always played well against him, so he is not without a chance.

It will be interesting to see how this unusual match length affects things. The first session is longer than normal, and the interval comes a little earlier in the session, so those six frames after the interval could be massive. We haven't had a match as long as this one outside of the World Championship for many many years, so I'm definitely looking forward to it. I'll go for Selby to win 11-8. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Well, that was hard fought, wasn't it? Much scrappier than I imagined, but Selby did enough in the end.

The balance of power is a little different after today's performances, with Hawkins playing so well in his match, so it should be a nice final. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    As Confucious said: explaining your confusion makes you look stupid

There should be a load of tbd's in that Wiki chart.
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    The non-seeded players are drawn randomly after the end of the China Open.
    complete Qualifiers draw should be published around 10am on Monday

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    So the final is Selby versus Hawkins. An interesting one. Hawkins usually has fared well against Selby, better than most other players, especially over the long distances. Hawkins has won both their meetings at the World Championship (though one of those was the year, when Selby had his bad back) as well as at the 2017 Masters. The only match of Best-of-11 or longer that Selby won, was at the 2013 UK Championship. Overall the H2H regarding ranking events and the Masters is 5-4 in Hawkins' favour.

The final will decide over two things: If Selby wins he will end the season as World Number One, regardless of what happens at Sheffield. Also it will answer the last question of the seedings at the Crucible. If Hawkins wins he will be seeded #5, if Selby wins Hawkins will be seeded #6. Since today we know:
    #7 Williams (potential quarterfinal opponent of O'Sullivan)
    #8 Murphy (potential quarterfinal opponent of Selby)
    #9 Kyren Wilson (potential second round opponent of Murphy)
    #10 Robertson (potential second round opponent of Williams)

I think much of the outcome will depend on which Selby turns up. The one from the last rounds are the one from today. I have a feeling that the Hawk might prevail this time, but I'm hesitating to pick against Selby in a big final. 11-9 for Selby is my guess.

Leave a comment:

• kibo
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post

I have a theory regarding Robertson's dip in form. Not sure if anyone else has suggested the same, but it's noticeable how it coincided with his decision to kick his gaming habits.

My advice, Neil: Pick up that PS4 controller again and get back to killing zombies. Maybe then we'll see the quality of snooker you became known for.
    I dont think you will see Robertson again playing as a hungry beast wining in the long mathes which requires endurance.
    He will mostly win some smaller fromat stuff here and there.Longer formats very unlikely

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Lovely. :smile: Great win for Hawkins. No nerves today, he was composed throughout the match and put pressure on Robertson right from the start. What a time to start playing his best snooker of the season. :smile:
    well he does need to redeem himself after the Welsh final

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post

I have a theory regarding Robertson's dip in form. Not sure if anyone else has suggested the same, but it's noticeable how it coincided with his decision to kick his gaming habits.

My advice, Neil: Pick up that PS4 controller again and get back to killing zombies. Maybe then we'll see the quality of snooker you became known for.
    also has a new cue as of New Year I think
    But I think he is "finding" his form after being relatively low the last year or two - while playing games and eating plant extracts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X