Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston Guild Hall. Restaurants

Anybody been?

By good I kind of mean; "Close to the Guild Hall".

My hotel has just emailed me and said, they are near to fully booked in the hotel on Saturday night. And do I want to pre-book?

I'd wanted to watch the first half of the England Six Nations game in my hotel room, then go down for dinner pre-match. If that's difficult, I was thinking of watching it in my room, then going out to eat somewhere close by.

A cafe or chip shop, or whatever will do. Apparently there's a Nandos near it. It doesn't have to be five star or anything.

Or is there a pub close by that might serve food AND put the game on?

Thanks in advance.

There are plenty of pubs and restaurant's with in 5 min walk from the Guild hall. Most of the pubs have tvs with the matches on.
    There is a nice little pub next door to the Guild hall that used to do ok food but cant remember if there was a tv?

Comment

Yeah, just had a look.

Might see how it goes. Don't want to be too squiffy, if I have to sit through a snooker match. Ha Ha.

Comment

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...E,lf:1,lf_ui:4

Comment

Theatre Street Bar & Grill is pretty good - 5 minute walk.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

If you walk up to Church Street / Fishergate then there's a fair few pubs that do food and will have sport on the TV's. Just have a wander about, you'll find something. Or if you walk down towards the Uni, then again, there's a stretch of pubs down there.

Comment

I'll see what to do. I was intending to watch the game in my hotel, which is only a 10 minute walk away from the venue. I could easily watch it in my room, and get to the snooker after. However, the restaurant is now close to being fully booked. So I have to think about what I want to do for dinner.

Maybe if I can find and chip shop by the hotel, that I can grab dinner in.

Comment

On a related subject, I've never been to the Guild Hall before. Is it true that there's a cocktail bar on the inside?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                  On a related subject, I've never been to the Guild Hall before. Is it true that there's a cocktail bar on the inside?
                  yes! also opposite one side of it is eastzeast, a decent enough curry house.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                    yes! also opposite one side of it is eastzeast, a decent enough curry house.
                    NOW you have snookerfan's attention! :biggrin:

snookerfan - you making Cardiff next week anytime?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

the nan breads are as big as the financial times.....

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I always meant to try the one by the Newport Centre, but didn't ever.

No, first time in a few years I'm missing Cardiff. Shame. Hopefully next year.

Sounds like The Trader's Tavern has reopened though. Need to get up there to see what it's like now.

Comment

Originally Posted by andy carson View Post
                          the nan breads are as big as the financial times.....
                          Sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                            I always meant to try the one by the Newport Centre, but didn't ever.

No, first time in a few years I'm missing Cardiff. Shame. Hopefully next year.

Sounds like The Trader's Tavern has reopened though. Need to get up there to see what it's like now.
                            will let you know
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                            X