X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Judd's been playing like a walloper for a good while now.
    He just had Laser done recently. As someone who also had it done 3 weeks ago, I can confirm it affects your consistency as your eyesight continues to fluctuate for up to 6 months after surgery.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by narl View Post
    Agreed. I hope he reigns himself in and finds some form. Would be good to see some of the younger players competing consistently.

Leave a comment:

• narl
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    My father in law isn't a snooker fan. But he will tune in for Ronnie or Judd.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    My father in law isn't a snooker fan. But he will tune in for Ronnie or Judd.

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
    Isnt Ronnie ranked 2nd?
    I think he was ranked 3rd when they seeded the players for the tournament a few weeks ago.

Leave a comment:

• ken147
    replied
    Being World number 1 and current World Champion is fantastic for Selby but as Barry Hearn said "giving what the fans want... Entertainment" is not what Selby is about. You can get better than O'Sullivan for entertainment. He puts bums on seats. The non snooker fan knows who he is, but will they know who Selby is?

Leave a comment:

• screw-back
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
    I fancy 4-1 to Mike Dunn tonight
    Dunn hasn't got the bottle!

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Other than O'Sullivan and Higgins the results of this tournament have been just as random as the shootout.

As I write this there are 10 players left. Their rankings are 3, 6, 9, 23, 26, 47, 49, 57, 67 and 99. And 9 is playing 23, so one of them won't make the quarter-finals.

No ranking tournament should have best of 7 matches. It's mostly a crapshoot. I think a best of 11 minimum should be required for any serious tournament.
    Isnt Ronnie ranked 2nd?

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Other than O'Sullivan and Higgins the results of this tournament have been just as random as the shootout.

As I write this there are 10 players left. Their rankings are 3, 6, 9, 23, 26, 47, 49, 57, 67 and 99. And 9 is playing 23, so one of them won't make the quarter-finals.

No ranking tournament should have best of 7 matches. It's mostly a crapshoot. I think a best of 11 minimum should be required for any serious tournament.

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    just heard one of the eurosport commentators say selby was upset about his loss yesterday.

something about hes not happy with his treatment 'as world number 1' having to play two days on the trot and being out last on both occasions.

who does he think he is lol
    Ofcourse Selby deserves some respect and better treatment, hes earned that right.

Leave a comment:

• thai_son22
    replied
    Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
    He grinds out results when his A game isn't firing. His will to win in those situations is impressive but it isn't the best to watch and tends to bring others down to his level when he's not firing. No fault of his, but it's not exactly eye catching.

It doesn't help that these days he seems to throw a lot of tantrums, is a bad loser and has one of the least appropriate nicknames on the tour. He hasn't been a 'jester' for years, but I suppose the only other thing that rhymes with Leicester is 'molester' so perhaps he's stuck with it.
    he arguably does molest his players off the table by grinding them down haha

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    One of the best break builders in the world, the best player by some margin in tactical game is boring? Sometimes I don't get mocking of Mark Selby here, honestly. He is struggling with his results this season a little, still he is in top 8 on one year list. The creativity of this guy in a safety department is unmatchable. He is one of the best players the game has ever seen. Come on.
    He grinds out results when his A game isn't firing. His will to win in those situations is impressive but it isn't the best to watch and tends to bring others down to his level when he's not firing. No fault of his, but it's not exactly eye catching.

It doesn't help that these days he seems to throw a lot of tantrums, is a bad loser and has one of the least appropriate nicknames on the tour. He hasn't been a 'jester' for years, but I suppose the only other thing that rhymes with Leicester is 'molester' so perhaps he's stuck with it.

Leave a comment:

• Dr_Doctor
    replied
    difficult with these things tbh. lots of players play great on one match then sort of dip a little later on
    Yea but would be nice to see a few more players being able to keep playing to a high standard. I think the only consistent player these days is Ronnie.

Leave a comment:

• Hal
    replied
    One of the best break builders in the world, the best player by some margin in tactical game is boring? Sometimes I don't get mocking of Mark Selby here, honestly. He is struggling with his results this season a little, still he is in top 8 on one year list. The creativity of this guy in a safety department is unmatchable. He is one of the best players the game has ever seen. Come on.

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    just heard one of the eurosport commentators say selby was upset about his loss yesterday.

something about hes not happy with his treatment 'as world number 1' having to play two days on the trot and being out last on both occasions.

who does he think he is lol
    It says a lot that the current world number one and world champion went out on an outside table. Struggling to think of a less exciting world number one from the last quarter of a century.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X