2018 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    Higgins looks the favourite to clinch this title.
    Yeah, Hawkins is playing pretty well too but often bottles it in finals.

Comment

• Goat lacks motivation

Comment

• Looks pressure to me more than anything. Plus the slow safety puts him off I think.

Comment

• 2018 Welsh Open

don't know if anyone has been watching but on table 2 Gary Wilson has been playing superbly with at least three centuries to lead 4-2
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Nothing was going right for Ronnie, that in off the brown in frame 4 was the turn around....so unlucky, should have been 2-2 a piece but all credit to Higgins playing as solid as he always does.

Comment

• I almost forgot Ronnie's human. Well done Higgins

Comment

• Yeah, almost forgot the other match owing to this star studded QF.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dr_Doctor View Post
                  I almost forgot Ronnie's human. Well done Higgins
                  Yep, very similar to the Murphy loss, imho.

Comment

• Well done by Higgins.

Comment

• May have been this thread, but can't find it, but someone asked about first time ROS has done commentary.

I replied nope, and I think it impacted his results as he talked up other players.....

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                        Nothing was going right for Ronnie, that in off the brown in frame 4 was the turn around....so unlucky, should have been 2-2 a piece but all credit to Higgins playing as solid as he always does.
                        That wasn't unlucky it was a bad shot. I'd eat my hat if Ronnie didn't agree with that, even though I don't wear hats. He didn't need the brown, could've played for the double. He took the riskiest shot and got burned, nobody's fault but his.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                          That wasn't unlucky it was a bad shot.
                          Completely agree. Ron just didn't seem there at all today, I don't think it was pressure etc, just a complete lack of focus. Fair play to John.

Comment

• Can't remember seeing Ronnie smiling at a loss before. He seems to really enjoy the rivalry between himself, Higgins and Williams. Loving seeing the class of '92 all coming into form before the Worlds.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                              That wasn't unlucky it was a bad shot. I'd eat my hat if Ronnie didn't agree with that, even though I don't wear hats. He didn't need the brown, could've played for the double. He took the riskiest shot and got burned, nobody's fault but his.
                              Going in off of the edge of a colour into the side pocket from an extremely narrow angle isnt unlucky? I dont think anyone could legislate for that lol.

Comment

• Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                                Going in off of the edge of a colour into the side pocket from an extremely narrow angle isnt unlucky? I dont think anyone could legislate for that lol.
                                OK, I probably wasn't paying attention. I thought he went straight in off from the green. Unlucky if that's the case, but he still could've played for the double.

Comment

Working...
                                X