2018 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Welsh Open

Anyone know the details of Darren Morgan's "spat" with Mark Williams, the BBC anchor (new chap?) said something last night?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

2018 Welsh Open

Kurt Maflin beats Jimmy Robertson 4-0 in under 1 hour. Also looked like he was after a max in frame 2.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Anyone know the details of Darren Morgan's "spat" with Mark Williams, the BBC anchor (new chap?) said something last night?
        he basically slagged off Darren Morgan for 'taking' Jackson Pages' place (even though Darren beat Jackson in a qualifier) in the Welsh Open link
        #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

This tournament is really making me dislike the BBC. Seems someone has thought, well it's in Wales so only people from Wales will want to watch it on TV, that's how snooker works. They aren't even streaming this mornings matches online and I couldn't watch it last night online either.

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
            he basically slagged off Darren Morgan for 'taking' Jackson Pages' place (even though Darren beat Jackson in a qualifier) in the Welsh Open link
            How so, Page was here anyway?

Gotcha, you play, you win a tournament to gain a place and another slags you for playing well?
            Strange
            Last edited by DeanH; 27 February 2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
              This tournament is really making me dislike the BBC. Seems someone has thought, well it's in Wales so only people from Wales will want to watch it on TV, that's how snooker works. They aren't even streaming this mornings matches online and I couldn't watch it last night online either.
              Is it not only the BBC Wales channel?
              Is Eurosport showing it?
              I do think that BBC and Eurosport have an agreement for the early rounds.
              Commentators are from both camps this morning
              Save a penny or two

Comment

Is Eurosport showing it?
                Save a penny or two
                Also on Quest, afternoon sessions only. But of course it's the Eurosport feed
                Highest break to date? 1

Comment

Andy Goldstein was asking last night what Neil Foulds catchphrase is because Alan McManus used the term "striper" for a good shot. Nobody could think of anything but he consistently says "goodness me". I don't use Twitter so Andy Goldstein, if you are reading this, there is your answer!
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Is Eurosport showing it?
                    Save a penny or two
                    It's on the red button as well, but only the afternoon session and 1 hour of the evening sesh. So I can watch the afternoon session on 2 different channels, but I can't watch the evening sessions. Perfect really.

Comment

Gotcha, you play, you win a tournament to gain a place and another slags you for playing well?
                      Strange
                      Page was only there as wild card as Joe Swail dropped out
                      #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post

Strange
                        Page was only there as wild card as Joe Swail dropped out
                        Yep read that on the BBC link you posted. Still don't get Williams' beef; now if Darren had been given a place instead of Page, that would be more understandable

Comment

I think William's beef was that Welsh snooker changed the criteria for being eligible for the welsh open. Any other year Page would have got a wildcard as no. 1 ranked amateur. Welsh snooker changed that, and didn't really tell anyone till it was too late. Even Barry Hearn thought that Page was in until he was told otherwise (by Mark Williams).

Barry's thoughts:

'Makes me wonder if I really am the boss ! Not happy.'

'why did it change ? First I’ve heard about it !'

'This whole situation is a mess and it won’t be repeated.'

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                            I think William's beef was that Welsh snooker changed the criteria for being eligible for the welsh open. Any other year Page would have got a wildcard as no. 1 ranked amateur. Welsh snooker changed that, and didn't really tell anyone till it was too late. Even Barry Hearn thought that Page was in until he was told otherwise (by Mark Williams).

Barry's thoughts:

'Makes me wonder if I really am the boss ! Not happy.'

'why did it change ? First I’ve heard about it !'

'This whole situation is a mess and it won’t be repeated.'
                            Interesting
                            Still - not Darren's fault is it.
                            Cheers for the info.

Comment

williams on a demolition job lol

Comment

Originally Posted by djax View Post
                                BTW, for anyone who wasn't aware? Play begins on BBC red channel 601 this afternoon at 1.00pm.
                                Thanks for that, I was watching it on Eurosport and I find the commentary on there awful!

Comment

Working...
                                X