No announcement yet.

2018 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a bit of observation: almost certainly is (not Ken, obviously lol).

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
      OOh awkward interview, they didn't even look at each other, just blanked each other for the entire interview.
      I missed this, would like to see a link. I'll have a search around....
      Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
        I missed this, would like to see a link. I'll have a search around....

They basically just refused to look at each other, Williams walked in, shook the hosts hand, blanked Morgan, the host asked a few times about "the elephant in the room" regarding Williams comments and Williams basically refused to say much about them.

I actually thought it was just a windup when i first read about it but it seems they genuinely don't like each other.

Click on that ^ and it brings you to a short vid of the interview.
        Last edited by narl; 27 February 2018, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Or here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/43205573 with the bit at beginning....

Comment

2018 Welsh Open

is this ronnies 1st time in the commentary box ?

Comment

I'm sure he has done it a fair bit on Eurosport, and didn't play too well after from memory.

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                Willie Thorne commentating on the Stevens\Doherty match? Did BBC reinstate his contract?
                The Welsh Open is covered by BBC Wales and has different contracts than BBC main group.
                Hence different channels of broadcast and less advertisement across the group's channels.
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Dominic Dale isn't a fan of Stevens new stick, too heavy and too stiff, says it feels dead.

Comment

And he's had a fair few......

Comment

Well, Murphy whitewashed, never expected that. Should have put a few quid on that GG.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

What does the W/O mean between ROS and R Hull? I think somewhere said “walked over”. Still not sure what that means?
                        Did you put my "1" up ?

Comment

Just looked at the 1 year rankings list....Matthew Stevens in the 60s. I can see him retiring soon sadly. Michael Holt is another who has dropped down.

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                          What does the W/O mean between ROS and R Hull? I think somewhere said “walked over”. Still not sure what that means?
                          I believe Hull pulled out, so it was a walkover for ROS.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            Judd was snookered came off the side cushion and very finely clipped a red, the ref said foul, Judd said he did, after a minute of "no you didn't yes I did" the ref checked a TV camera monitor and apologised and retracted the foul.
                            Where you watching the TV feed or the sport website that shows the game without changing to scheduled TV?
                            And it was quite obvious that he hit the red as the white ball changed direction, so Judd was very right to take up the discussion.
                            ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                            "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Originally Posted by danam1 View Post
                              Robin has pulled out sick.
                              W/O means walk over to the player in attendance and they can "walk over" to the next round
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tmax View Post
                                As Trump said in his interview afterwards - there is a very high degree of honesty amongst the players

Judd told the referee that he had hit the red - the referee maybe should have said he did not see it, and he would watch the replay (which he eventually did) and make a final judgement

But to keep arguing with the player until Judd's insistence makes him watch the replay is poor - upsetting for the player and makes the ref look silly.

I'm sure Jan Verhaas, Brendon More et al would have handled it differently

I know the rules do not explicitly state that a player has any recourse, and surely we do not need Tennis style challenges (lol), but as a gentleman/ladies' game we expect our referees to be professional and courteous, and our players to be honest
                                If he had kept his eyes on the white ball, he wouldn´t have been in doubt because it changed direction (if only just slight).
                                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

Working...
                                X