Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
    He wouldn't just win in your club, he'd dominate your club!
    You have to laugh at some people .......wouldn’t win a game !!.....lol .

Who is in your club ?? Selby , Higgins and O’Sullivan
    Idiots man Neil

Comment

• Could be image processing?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
        I've noticed - for the first time ever - that there appears to be two different 'main' camera views in operation. The one on ES/Quest gives a far more elongated view down the table, than the one we see on BBC Wales, which is higher and gives the table a much squarer look.

This brings me to something I've always puzzled over with snooker coverage. When we get a BBC tournament (let's say the WC) I've always assumed ES are hiring the feed from the BBC for the duration of the tournament (albeit with their own studio and commentators) but here we appear to have a situation where both the BBC and ES have their own set of cameras in place.

Does anyone know any more about the way the coverage works?
        I guess the BBC has access to the high manned camera (on top of the BBC commentary box which is in line with the table centreline) and ES uses the static camera that is on the lighting gantry. That would account for the differing views.
        But they both have access to the mobile camera's feeds.
        Last edited by DeanH; 4 March 2018, 08:48 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• ES often get white lines appearing on the table, which is why I assumed they were shared....

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            I guess the BBC has access to the high manned camera (on top of the commentary box) and ES uses the static camera that is on the lighting gantry. That would account for the differing views.
            But they both have access to the mobile camera's feeds.
            Maybe, but it's not something I've ever noticed before.

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            Could be image processing?
            That's too technical for me.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• That break from Higgins to go 7 - 6 up is about as good as it gets.
              ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
              "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• 8 - 6 in the end a bit of a steal.

Comment

• Higgins just had a massive kick on that long pink, and nobody in commentary said a word about it????

I was hoping Barry would make it 7 all there though, think it's all over now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                    Higgins just had a massive kick on that long pink, and nobody in commentary said a word about it????
                    Must confess I didn't detect anything.

Just rewound and watched it three or four more times, even on slo-mo. Looked as clean as a whistle to me. Just cued across the shot probably.
                    Last edited by Billy; 4 March 2018, 09:38 PM.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Must confess I didn't detect anything.

Just rewound and watched it three or four more times, even on slo-mo. Looked as clean as a whistle to me. Just cued across the shot probably.
                      You didn't notice how high the pink jumped off the bed of the table?

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                        You didn't notice how high the pink jumped off the bed of the table?
                        No. It didn't move at all.

We see eye to eye more often than not, jonny, but I'm not with you on this one. The pink didn't move (apart from forward)

Furthermore no one's reaction, including John's, indicated a kick.
                        Last edited by Billy; 4 March 2018, 09:45 PM.

Comment

No. It doesn't move at all.

We see eye to eye more often than not, jonny, but I'm not with you on this one. The pink doesn't move (apart from forward)
                          Well we can agree to disagree then.

Comment

• 9 - 7 congratulations to John Higgins.

Comment

• The class of 92 comes to the party. Well played Higgins.

Comment

• Barry is a great guy, pity he does not win more finals but Higgins is just so good

Comment

Working...
                                X