• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Welsh Open

well done JH
    so close for Barry but too many misses at the centre pockets

what a cracking week (again)
    Noppon near max was a highlight for me, as well as Gary Wilson's 3 centuries against Yu.
    walking to and from the venue in -13C windchill blizzard.
    trying to find any place open for a quick beverage
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
      Originally Posted by Billy View Post
      No. It doesn't move at all.

We see eye to eye more often than not, jonny, but I'm not with you on this one. The pink doesn't move (apart from forward)
      Well we can agree to disagree then.
      Question.... are you both looking at the same shot? :biggrin:
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Interesting final. I kind of expected a decider since Hawkins was involved, but 9-7 is not too bad either. :smile:

Nice to see Hawkins back to somewhere near his best. He's been known to struggle early on in seasons recently, but it's never taken him until March to find form before. Well, the two most lucrative tournaments of the season are still to come, so perhaps it's good timing for him. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          well done JH
          so close for Barry but too many misses at the centre pockets

what a cracking week (again)
          Noppon near max was a highlight for me, as well as Gary Wilson's 3 centuries against Yu.
          walking to and from the venue in -13C windchill blizzard.
          trying to find any place open for a quick beverage
          That pink which Hawkins missed after getting on the wrong side of the blue was a very costly miss.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Question.... are you both looking at the same shot? :biggrin:
            Now there's a good question

@jonny66 ? I'm talking about the pink to yellow pocket (with only pink and black left). Which are you talking about?
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• The best thing to have happened is that all the three legends Ronnie,Williams and Higgins are in form before the worlds.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                Interesting final. I kind of expected a decider since Hawkins was involved, but 9-7 is not too bad either. :smile:

Nice to see Hawkins back to somewhere near his best. He's been known to struggle early on in seasons recently, but it's never taken him until March to find form before. Well, the two most lucrative tournaments of the season are still to come, so perhaps it's good timing for him. :smile:
                He has had familyproblems. Have a look at the matchreport from the semifinal on Worldsnooker, quite clear that his head has been gone for most of the season.
                ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
                "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• I hope Selby will start practicing hardcore, 7+ hours daily, so we can see him peaking his form for the worlds

Comment

• I thought that he had been, and the problem(s) were in his head - and his safety play which has been poor nearly all season.

Comment

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                      I thought that he had been, and the problem(s) were in his head - and his safety play which has been poor nearly all season.
                      Well, i am not really informed about the issue.I doubt he is practicing as hard as he used to without having results to cover it.
                      Hopefully his insticts will return, as even though old champs are in great form, its boring to watch them competing with dead younger players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        Now there's a good question

@jonny66 ? I'm talking about the pink to yellow pocket (with only pink and black left). Which are you talking about?
                        Yep, around 2 hours 2 minutes in on this vid. If you watch the slow mo on 0.25 speed, you can see that when the cueball hits the pink they're perfectly lined up to the pocket, then the pink just straightens up. TBF it looked like it jumped a lot more when I saw it on TV, but it definitely straightens up.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                          but it definitely straightens up.
                          I just think it's the low-angle camera which makes it look like it comes off at an unnatural angle.

But let's not go round in circles, eh? Made no difference to the final outcome.
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by kibo View Post
                            I hope Selby will start practicing hardcore, 7+ hours daily, so we can see him peaking his form for the worlds
                            Are you a masochist?

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              I just think it's the low-angle camera which makes it look like it comes off at an unnatural angle.

But let's not go round in circles, eh? Made no difference to the final outcome.
                              Have you forgotten where you are?

We could get at least 50 pages of insults and a ban or 2 out of this

Comment

• I think it was the helping side.

Comment

Working...
                                X