No announcement yet.

Womens Worlds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep spoken to Frank several times and driven down there a couple of times and love his stories; especially with Big Bill W
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Angela Jones View Post
      In answer to your question about me playing Karen Corr, yes we had many a battle not sure how many lol. I was a very quick player and a good potter if I do say so myself!! I remember her being a good potter and pretty quick too, so it was like a shootout great fun and we always loved a challenge. I really loved to just go for my shots and break build and use an occasional safety shot which I think aged my poor parents at the time. My dad would often ask me why I didn't play a particular safety shot but sometimes I just didn't see them which would drive him crazy lol, but on the other side of the coin he would be extremely happy when I got the pot and finished the game!! Don't know how he didn't have grey hair but managed to keep it black. I liked Karen and her parents were lovely too, our parents often sat together and passed the time while waiting for the next match.
      Sorry about rambling on but it was nice remembering good times.
      That's so cool, thanks and it's not rambling at all! It sounds like you and Karen were good pals if your parents sat together at tournaments. I had one coaching lesson with her at the Windmill Club in Rushden and she was lovely and had a very gentle approach which helped me relax and get the most out of the session but can you believe when I tried to book the next session she had stopped coaching because she was moving to America to play pool. No doubt it was something she had put a lot of thought in to and was probably considering at the time of our lesson.
      www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Yep spoken to Frank several times and driven down there a couple of times and love his stories; especially with Big Bill W
        What a fantastic guy and a superb collection of cues which I found very distracting!
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I wonder if Frank has any info on the table I have? My table is the same table Bill Werbeniuk practiced on in Sheffield that was set up on an industrial estate where he lived on a bus on the site. I know this table has some stories within it......I'm just trying to unlock some!
          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

you never know, he may know some thing, he may not, you can but ask
            I am sure he wont mind if you contact him:
            www.franksandellcuesport.co.uk
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

you never know, he may know some thing, he may not, you can but ask
              I am sure he wont mind if you contact him:
              www.franksandellcuesport.co.uk
              Cheers Dean, i will message him for sure!
              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Working...
              X