• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikeyd100
    replied
    Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    To me, Higgins is still a match fixer, definitely not an all time great
    I actually struggle to watch any of his matches now, even if he is playing my favourite players.
    Shame because he is talented.

Back to the tournament... loved Judd's comment about Walden's shot, got him fired up for taking on that risky shot.
    Thats what he needs I reckon, a bit of fire in his belly, too many times he's played himself down in interviews.
    Last edited by mikeyd100; 30 April 2018, 08:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Hal
    replied
    I think final would be Wilson : Williams. Kyren had been superb this season, and he has a game that suits long matches. And Mark, I think he had been playing consistently well for a whole season, at the very high standard, he will just make it, despite his seemly laid back approach. He is that good, I just hope he can win.
    Ding had his bright moments too, but I am not sure yet he would cope with the pressure. He performed well in the last few editions, but I just don't see him to succeed in the end.
    As for Hawkins, Trump, I don't trust them. They both were among the best break builders of the second round, but I think, they will collapse, as it has been a case couple times in the past. Mark Allen usually had an opponent, who just played a little bit better over course of long distance match during the tournament and I can see this happening once again. Carter and Higgins, well, one of them had just scored one of their biggest wins of their careers, while the second one made his highest break in The Crucible, but I am not sure about them lifting the trophy this year. Carter played well, but he won't make it to another semi's. And I think, Higgins will find someone better to endure to the long distance match, let it be the semifinals or the final.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Hopeful for a close final this year. Tbh I think a final without Wilson, Hawkins or Carter is more likely to be close

Leave a comment:

• richiet
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    A disappointing line up, no Selby or O'Sullivan.
    A great line up, no Selby and O'Sullivan

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    It makes things more interesting. I expect four very close and exciting matches.

Leave a comment:

• Dark
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Quite the quarter-final lineup. All ranked in the top 16. It wouldn't be a complete shock if any of the eight won the title.

Higgins - 4 time champion
    Williams - 2 time champion
    Carter - 2 time finalist
    Hawkins - 1 time finalist
    Ding - 1 time finalist
    Trump - 1 time finalist
    Allen - 1 time semi-finalist
    Wilson - 2 time quarter-finalist

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Quite the quarter-final lineup. All ranked in the top 16. It wouldn't be a complete shock if any of the eight won the title.

Higgins - 4 time champion
    Williams - 2 time champion
    Carter - 2 time finalist
    Hawkins - 1 time finalist
    Ding - 1 time finalist
    Trump - 1 time finalist
    Allen - 1 time semi-finalist
    Wilson - 2 time quarter-finalist

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Bit of a bummer ehh ? packed house to only get to see one table playing and that's all over in an hour !!
    So what happens now then, does Dennis get his trick shots out lol

Leave a comment:

• The Boss
    replied
    Would love to see the Captain go all the way but i think he will lose before the final

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    well done Judd

Judd v Higgins should be a corker

Leave a comment:

• mcsilks
    replied
    Can't believe prize money for the World Championship. For 15 years, it remained around 200k~250k and then suddenly it's gone right up to 420k and now 500k.

Half a million for winning a tournament certainly elevates snooker up a level or two in terms of sporting importance.

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    Hearn would have hoovered up the snatch in his younger years

Leave a comment:

• richiet
    replied
    Also, nice to hear about a new tournament with best of 17 and 19s with a best of 25 frame final. Like the good old days on ITV.

Leave a comment:

• the lone wolf
    replied
    Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    say what you like, Barry Hearn can talk
    Yep! Gift of the gab...
    Which can only be good for snooker.

Leave a comment:

• richiet
    replied
    I think Hearn has got it spot on. Obviously there'll be shots and frames that go awkward and you have to give it a bit more thought, but there no need to take longer than 30 per shot over a match or tournament.

Current offenders according to http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.c...rs/Index/14003

Anthony Hamilton 30.23 secs
    Jak Jones 30.35
    Paul Davison 30.62
    Ashley Hugill 30.80
    Matthew Bolton 30.90
    Mitchell Mann 30.91
    Lukas Kleckers 31.18
    Martin O'Donnell 31.25
    Peter Ebdon 31.51
    Rod Lawler 32.70
    Lee Walker 34.41
    Last edited by richiet; 30 April 2018, 01:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X