Clear All

• blahblah01
    replied
    Dott is playing rather well...

Leave a comment:

• spike
    replied
    Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
    If it was against any other qualifier then I'd still think Ronnie would have a good chance but I'd be very surprised if someone of Maguire's class let slip a 6-3 lead, even against ROS.

Happy to be proven wrong but Ronnie was very hot and cold today whereas Maguire looked pretty decent and played well in the qualifiers.
    I just don't see it. It's Maguire's temperament that's always in question for me. Even with a decent lead going into tommorow's session, I do feel he will struggle to get over the line. Not taking anything away from Maguire today, as he looked solid in amongst the balls. But there were one or two times today, where the odd crack started to appear in his game.

Should be a very interesting session tommorow all the same.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by spike View Post
    But Hendry I enjoy listening to the most.
    When he can be bothered talking

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    Hardly. Tommorow is another day, & O'Sullivan could easily dominate, just like Maguire did for the most part today. Even with a 3 frame defecit, i
    would make O'Sullivan slight favourite over Maguire.
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    That's a brave call.
    If it was against any other qualifier then I'd still think Ronnie would have a good chance but I'd be very surprised if someone of Maguire's class let slip a 6-3 lead, even against ROS.

Happy to be proven wrong but Ronnie was very hot and cold today whereas Maguire looked pretty decent and played well in the qualifiers.

Leave a comment:

• spike
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    If there's a better commentator than AM, I don't know him.
    Ebdon, Hendry and McManus all very good imo. But Hendry I enjoy listening to the most.

Leave a comment:

• spike
    replied
    Ronnie almost certainly out tomorrow as well.
    Hardly. Tommorow is another day, & O'Sullivan could easily dominate, just like Maguire did for the most part today. Even with a 3 frame defecit, i
    would make O'Sullivan slight favourite over Maguire.

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    He is up against it that’s for sure .

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    If there's a better commentator than AM, I don't know him.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Ronnie almost certainly out tomorrow as well.
    That's a brave call.

Leave a comment:

• vilkrang
    replied
    Originally Posted by attilahun View Post
    Selby out.....looks like this will be a very pleasant World Championship.
    Ronnie almost certainly out tomorrow as well. Must have been crazy odds on that happening before the start of play today.

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    Pretty decent performance from Perry overall. Selby was woefully bad from start to finish. I'm sure there are many players in the top half of the draw now who feel they have a real chance of winning the Championship.
    Maybe Jimmy might have beat Selby today, he took more frames off Joe anyway.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    re Selby: I have been posting for months that he has been poor this season: he has been way off last season.... I'm not a Selby hater as I admire(d) his safety and Matchplay stuff vs the likes of Trump - but that side has been way off this season, from shot selection to execution.

I posted here months ago that he was more attacking, and he reined that in in China a few weeks ago, but was far from convincing in winning. He played OK in one or two matches, but that was all.

Next season will be interesting as he will be on the outside Tables even more?

Leave a comment:

• spike
    replied
    Pretty decent performance from Perry overall. Selby was woefully bad from start to finish. I'm sure there are many players in the top half of the draw now who feel they have a real chance of winning the Championship.

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    Really pleased for Gentleman Joe, played well, i've forgive him for beating Jimmy now ;-)

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    One of the biggest sensations I've seen in the crucible. I had that feeling that we would see an early Selby exit this year, but I couldn't imagine him playing that bad. Not at this event.

Maybe this is the motivation he needs for the next season and the next World Championship. I'm quite sure he will have some more shots at the title.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X