Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanH
    replied
    well done Walker - maybe he has a new lease of snooker life from someone he knows?

McGill did seem to miss some relatively easy shots though.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    yep, both trying hard

had hoped Eltahhan may have produced a good match against Carter but Carter shut him down.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    An exchange of some really great safeties between Lee Walker and Anthony McGill at the end of their fourth frame.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Stuart Bingham is also out after losing 4-5 to Zhang Anda.
    Murphy and Bingham were in the same eighth of the draw, so that section has opened a lot now with World Number 25 Xiao Guodong, who plays his qualifier against Zhang Yong tomorrow, the highest ranked player remaining there.

I was a bit surprised when I looked at the draw and found out that Mark Williams is the #2 seed. I've always thought that the seeding order is just the defending champion getting the highest spot and then it would continue in the order of the rankings, but actually the world champion gets the #2 seed and after that it's the order of the rankings.
    During the last two seasons you couldn't notice as Selby held the World Crown as well as the Number one spot, but I was really sure that it wasn't this way before, just to be even more surprised, when I looked it up, that is an older rule already. I honestly never noticed (or can't remember).

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    The first prominent victim is Shaun Murphy, who loses 4-5 to Mei Xiwen.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    started a topic 2018 World Open

2018 World Open

not sure if all realise but the qualifiers for this is now on; WS Live Score showing scores and some TV tables on Eurosport Player
    !snooker back on people!! :biggrin:
Working...
X