Paul Hunter Classic 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    2 has been done a number of times - 3 if you count the event and the qualifiers.
    Thanks mate.

Comment

Paul Hunter Classic 2018

never on same day though

correction; multiple maximums have been done on the same day twice before:

08 Dec 2016 German Masters - Ding and Carter
      15 Dec 2011 PTC12 - Stevens and Ding

many events have had two maximums, only two events have had three (including qualifiers)

2017 German Masters
      2012 UK Championship
      Last edited by DeanH; 25 August 2018, 08:38 AM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Why is the prize money so poor for this event? Anyone know who the sponser is? Most of the top players have not entered, even tho Paul was a great friend to lots of them. Just feel a bit more effort should be put into this event. Interest in snooker in Germany is growing.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
          Why is the prize money so poor for this event? Anyone know who the sponser is? Most of the top players have not entered, even tho Paul was a great friend to lots of them. Just feel a bit more effort should be put into this event. Interest in snooker in Germany is growing.
          Sadly it's the same every year, shame.

Anyone know who this is commentating on the Lisowdky v Emery match, is it Mark King?

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Does sound like Mark King doesn't it.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              Does sound like Mark King doesn't it.
              Yeah, I'm sure I can hear him flicking his right arm out each time he starts commentating on a new frame.

-
              The slow and labourious,

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                The location in relation to an airport is not helpful from the players point of view, the hotels are expensive etc.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                  The location in relation to an airport is not helpful from the players point of view, the hotels are expensive etc.
                  Can't be more difficult than, say, getting to China for the Yushan open. ( planes, trains and taxis). If the money is on offer players will turn up. Think it was 4K on offer for first round losers in China versus £600 in Germany. Not worth going for some folk. Need a decent sponsor. The other way to look at it is that it's an ideal time for some players to take a rest from a busy schedule.

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    Yeah, I'm sure I can hear him flicking his right arm out each time he starts commentating on a new frame.

-
                    I understand that Mark tweeted he was about to do some commentary.

Comment

I understand that Mark tweeted he was about to do some commentary.
                      Suspicions confirmed. Cheers Dean.

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

Ebdon is leading 3-0 against Un-Nooh. I noticed a black ferrule on his cue. May I know which cue/ferrule he is playing with presently?

Comment

He had a Stamford cue with what they called their Zenith ferrule (made from a polymer of some sort I believe) back from 2013, maybe he has gone back to this cue.
                          I understand that Stamford don't offer this ferrule anymore.

Comment

He had a Stamford cue with what they called their Zenith ferrule (made from a polymer of some sort I believe) back from 2013, maybe he has gone back to this cue.
                            I understand that Stamford don't offer this ferrule anymore.
                            Thanks Dean.

Comment

well done Peter Lines, coming back from 3 frames down to win 4-3 on a respot black against Lisowski, who up to yesterday I was fancying with the way he was playing all the other rounds
                              Last edited by DeanH; 26 August 2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Great result for Peter Lines to get to the semi ......another old Peter playing well ....Ebdon .
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X