No announcement yet.

2018 China Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, John is through! Some very interesting and tense frames.

Comment

Well, that was underwhelming... Higgins and Trump have played some really fantastic matches in the past, but this one was not one of them. Trump in particular will wonder how he managed to lose the last two frames, wasting chance after chance when Higgins was struggling. He definitely seems to have some kind of mental block when playing Higgins, and stuff like this is what's stopping him winning more tournaments. Disappointing. :wink:

Now for Lyu and O'Donnell... Hopefully I can watch it in full before I have to leave. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
        Well, that was underwhelming... Higgins and Trump have played some really fantastic matches in the past, but this one was not one of them. Trump in particular will wonder how he managed to lose the last two frames, wasting chance after chance when Higgins was struggling. He definitely seems to have some kind of mental block when playing Higgins, and stuff like this is what's stopping him winning more tournaments. Disappointing. :wink:

Now for Lyu and O'Donnell... Hopefully I can watch it in full before I have to leave. :smile:
        I didn't find it disappointing at all. Both were not up to their best, but Higgins' matchplay was wonderful once again. Loved how he made the pictures on the table complicated and forced Trump to mistakes.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
          I didn't find it disappointing at all. Both were not up to their best, but Higgins' matchplay was wonderful once again. Loved how he made the pictures on the table complicated and forced Trump to mistakes.
          I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I was hoping for better. :smile:

Comment

Hawkins not hanging around, 2-0 in under half-hour
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Selby - Sijun looks promising. Hopefully Sijun wont crack under the pressure as he did against Ding. At least he recovered from losing the first frame. Wouldn't be surpriseed to see him win today.

Hawkins though looking out of sorts after the MSI. At least three decent scoring chances and has 25 points.

And lost the frame...

Comment

The level of play at Selby - Yuan is pretty poor.

Comment

Zhao Xintong - rolling through to the semi finals with a 5-4 win, after being 3-1 down at MSI.

Comment

I was surprised Zhao managed to win in the end, because he kept throwing frames away with sloppy play. Great finish though, two big breaks in the last two frames. :smile:

It should definitely be a good day tomorrow. I'm hoping it's either Higgins-Selby or Lyu-Zhao in the final, although I suppose any combination would be good at this point. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                      I'm glad you enjoyed it, but I was hoping for better. :smile:
                      I think the humidity has made it difficult, most seem to be struggling to get the pace of the table. And of course, having to strike the cueball harder, generally results in more mistakes. Still enjoyed ut though.

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Surprised (but in a pleasant way) that Zhao made the semifinals. Would never have thought this at the beginning if the tournament.

I think we'll have a Higgins - Selby final here and I'm certainly not opposed to it. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          Surprised (but in a pleasant way) that Zhao made the semifinals. Would never have thought this at the beginning if the tournament.

I think we'll have a Higgins - Selby final here and I'm certainly not opposed to it. :smile:
                          I fancy Higgins to win this tournament.

Comment

Poor quality but still interesting to watch. Decider would be great!

Comment

Not a great standard this morning, unfortunately. It only became a little more interesting when Lyu started coming back at the end, but even then he couldn't get any closer than 5-3. Not a great sign for Higgins that he made such hard work of the match, because Lyu was really struggling. Hoping for better this afternoon. :smile:

And just to restate my favourite complaint... The local referee must have said "Lyu Haotian" out loud a hundred times today, so I really don't know why the commentators can't just repeat it the way she says it. Why do they have to butcher it so badly? At least Hendon won't be commentating in the afternoon, so I don't have to hear him refer to Zhao Xintong as "Zhao Yintong" all day. :wink:

Comment

yep I have noticed the mispronunciations all week!

Yuan SiJun often was called "Juan" (won) instead of "U-arn"; and Si Jun as "StJohn" (sin-jun)

Comment

Working...
                                X