No announcement yet.

2018 China Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That century by Zhao to cut Selby's lead to 4-3 wasn't too shabby.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
      That century by Zhao to cut Selby's lead to 4-3 wasn't too shabby.
      Nice break, but why does he always have to go a couple of frames behind before he starts playing like this? :smile:

Comment

Selby's foul on the red was priceless! Good to see them both chuckling about that.
        Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Selby Fouling a red by tapping it with his cue while waving it around to work out the angles. Why do people do this? A bloke I play with regularly is a serial offender, always giving away fouls for it and even though it usually bodes well for me, I find it immensely irritating. Like I say, WHY??

-
          The fast and the furious,
          The slow and labourious,
          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
            Selby Fouling a red by tapping it with his cue while waving it around to work out the angles. Why do people do this? A bloke I play with regularly is a serial offender, always giving away fouls for it and even though it usually bodes well for me, I find it immensely irritating. Like I say, WHY??

-
            It's not something I do either but I've never seen that before. I doubt Selby will be a serial offender though!
            Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

and yet another shout-out for the Taom chalk on Eurosport. Yes, the pro's use it blah blah blah but they don't have to pay £15 a block for it like us mere plebs do.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                and yet another shout-out for the Taom chalk on Eurosport. Yes, the pro's use it blah blah blah but they don't have to pay £15 a block for it like us mere plebs do.
                I went back to Triangle Pro, more messy but less miscues, for me anyway.

Selby really feeling it now....

-
                The slow and labourious,

Comment

I went back to Triangle Pro, more messy but less miscues, for me anyway.

Selby really feeling it now....

-
                  I did too then eventually just went back to normal Triangle which is still messy but I get better reaction I find.

Comment

Decent match in the end. Zhao had his chances in the last two frames, but Selby just held himself together a little bit better. :smile:

Comment

I really like Foulds, but Zhao finishing directly over the red after potting the black was not bad luck, he simply didn't play it at the correct pace. When they land on'em perfectly it's pure genius, but when they mess up, it's bad luck??

-
                      The slow and labourious,

Comment

John Higgins vs. Mark Selby in the final, it doesn't get better than this.

They haven't met since their World Championship final, so I wonder if the succesful comeback of that match might give Mark Selby, who lead their H2H 8-5, a small mental advantage. But Higgo is too experienced in my opinion. An interesting stat with Selby is that he won 11 of his last 12 finals and among them was only one minor event, so let's say 10 of his last 11. But you could say that it's time that this "streak" is broken once again.

Both were not playing their best in the tournament, missing especially consistency. So it's hard to make a favorite, though I'd give a small edge to Selby, just because of his success in the last few years. So maybe a 10-8 win for the World number one.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                          John Higgins vs. Mark Selby in the final, it doesn't get better than this....
                          I'm sure there are many who would disagree with this, but I'm not one of them. Looking forward to what should be a fascinating final.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

I'm sure there are many who would disagree with this, but I'm not one of them. Looking forward to what should be a fascinating final.

-
                            For me as well. Love both players.

You can't never rule out subjective feelings of course, but also from a more general point of view this has to be one of the best duels there is. Two all-time greats in persona of a four-time- and a three-time world champion, the current number one. There's really only Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Williams, who belong in the same category.

Comment

It's one of my favourite pairings as well, but I'm actually not expecting anything particularly special tomorrow. I think Higgins has played fairly mediocre stuff in this tournament so far, and he can probably count himself a little lucky to have mostly come up against real outsiders. If he wins tomorrow, it will probably be one of the most underwhelming performances to win a major ranking event in all the time I've been watching snooker. You can say most of that about Selby as well, but I still get the impression he could potentially find another gear when he needs it.

Selby to win 10-6. :smile:

Comment

ah Selbs mention the plant he played saying he couldn't miss it: https://www.facebook.com/WorldSnooke...ref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARCuNGv7hMdxGp4z4kA8q8ICRUjRr_XM-y8yP4lyTiDupjr5OBc6HKEFnMGvT8kYpbflWGLXJcgzmIxtbBs-pgm2eo13NE-TAg0Kp5AwCNt0h-P_Udm0AGXH8t9eWclfbPm5gm2aLKSo-dksAjf3VjjiTLW2E3L8vrLfEHL563nRAVhmfipMjIvFqrtajbY YSWPk5xrR6-SdW9Faqa8sDDH-Ih7jpBn5rjs4BZqBWhI

Comment

Working...
                                X