2018 China Championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Not a great standard this morning, unfortunately. It only became a little more interesting when Lyu started coming back at the end, but even then he couldn't get any closer than 5-3. Not a great sign for Higgins that he made such hard work of the match, because Lyu was really struggling. Hoping for better this afternoon. :smile:

And just to restate my favourite complaint... The local referee must have said "Lyu Haotian" out loud a hundred times today, so I really don't know why the commentators can't just repeat it the way she says it. Why do they have to butcher it so badly? At least Hendon won't be commentating in the afternoon, so I don't have to hear him refer to Zhao Xintong as "Zhao Yintong" all day. :wink:
    That’s the beauty of players like Higgins. They can win matches even with their B game.

Comment

Excellent first session, with the pressure and then the response to that pressure visibly shifting from player to player. I've no idea who's going to cone out on top but I'm certainly looking forward to finding out.

-
      The fast and the furious,
      The slow and labourious,
      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Excellent first session, with the pressure and then the response to that pressure visibly shifting from player to player. I've no idea who's going to cone out on top but I'm certainly looking forward to finding out.

-
        Yeah, the tactical battles were fantastic, just as you expect between those two. Higgins wasn't that strong when in the balls though, that he leads 5-4 speaks volumes of his very strong safety game. Selby will be disappointed as he played more fluently when in the balls (that 82 in the 2nd frame was a great break), but is still behind.

Comment

My guess would be that no other pairing in history has had as many re-racks as Higgins - Selby. :smile:

Comment

somedays I wish I had taken that lip-reading course!
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              somedays I wish I had taken that lip-reading course!
              That missed black in the 14th frame could be very costly for Selby. Was on his way to a 8-6 lead, now he's 7-8 down.
              Higgins in the mood to punish every mistake again.

Comment

Haven't watched the final until now, cause they both played quite poorly yesterday. Hoping for a decider though.

Bit disappointed that there's no commentary available in ES player.

Comment

Loved that frame, 9-8

Guitarnolife, sometimes if you click on the selection image again it sometimes has one without commentary and sometimes with.
                  good luck

Comment

The tension in this match is incredible.

Comment

• Hmm thanks Dean didn't know that but looks like I'm unlucky. Do you watch it on Eurosport? Or do someone know a source with commentary?

Comment

• I do watch on Eurosport Player when not on Sky British ES, sorry don't know of any other sources.
                        I did a quick look myself on Player and the selected ion screen that often appears does not today

decider
                        I was about to say it must be just before midnight and then the commentator said it

Comment

• £75,000 frame coming up, brilliant. ��

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

• Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post

Bit disappointed that there's no commentary available in ES player.
                            If you click on the link that says motor racing Barcelona you should get the snooker with commentary, that's Eurosport for you.

-
                            The slow and labourious,

Comment

• man that red when down 8-9

this man record in finals is simply insane. so happy he got the win! felt like the chances he missed in the second part of second session were gonna cost him.

Comment

• Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                                man that red when down 8-9

this man record in finals is simply insane. so happy he got the win! felt like the chances he missed in the second part of second session were gonna cost him.
                                Yeah, the black he missed to go 8-6 in front was massive, would have broken most. And credit to John, he just kept coming back at him again and again, what a match.

-
                                The slow and labourious,

Comment

Working...
                                X