Clear All

Wow, dott beats Robertson.

Comment

Ding vs Yuan
      what a fluke for that Green for Ding!
      come on Yuan
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

well done Yuan Sijun against Ding - into the last 16 for the first time and beating Ding for the first time

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          well done Yuan Sijun against Ding - into the last 16 for the first time and beating Ding for the first time
          He tried his best to lose it, didn't he? :smile: That easy red in the penultimate frame when he was already past snookers required, then giving away foul points, then missing a couple of relatively easy pots from distance, and then another wasted chance in the decider when he only need a couple more reds... He has had a reputation as a dangerous young player for some time now, but his pressure play today is not the best sign. Then again, he is even younger than Yan Bingtao, so still plenty of time to mature as a player. :smile:

Comment

Sadly not a good performance by Yan Bingtao today. He doesn't seem very comfortable today.
            I think after his stellar ascent he finds himself now in a territory, where it is much harder to improve and he still hasn't the level to challenge the elite players constantly.

Comment

Yan was definitely out of sorts today, I cannot recall seeing him ever play that poorly?

Murphy appears to have a weight in the butt joint of his cue?

Comment

At least the other promising match of the "morning" session (at least over here in Europe) turns out as a close contest. Lyu and Murphy both are not playing their best, but they are levelled at 3-3.

Comment

Judd vs Higgins. Exciting quarter final that!

Comment

Good win for Lyu. He didn't have his best day, missing many pots and making only one break of +50 points I think. But despite this he found a way to win and this is a very important quality, especially for a young player. His all-around game is really improving I think.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      Good win for Lyu. He didn't have his best day, missing many pots and making only one break of +50 points I think. But despite this he found a way to win and this is a very important quality, especially for a young player. His all-around game is really improving I think.
                      Yes, you are not likely to see him doing anything crazy on a snooker table. Kind of like Yan Bingtao and Zhou Yuelong, they all have a pretty mature and measured game for players so young.

Zhao Xintong, on the other hand, is a complete opposite, with a shot selection that reminds me of Brecel more than anything. It will be interesting to see him play this afternoon, it's been a while for me. I wonder if he is still the same player he was last season. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        Yes, you are not likely to see him doing anything crazy on a snooker table. Kind of like Yan Bingtao and Zhou Yuelong, they all have a pretty mature and measured game for players so young.

Zhao Xintong, on the other hand, is a complete opposite, with a shot selection that reminds me of Brecel more than anything. It will be interesting to see him play this afternoon, it's been a while for me. I wonder if he is still the same player he was last season. :smile:
                        Yeah, but with Lyu the change has been more recent. I remember seeing a match of him against Selby roughly a year ago. He was potting great, but taking on some difficult shots, where I thought he really shouldn't go for them. But at the World Championship and now here again he showed that he has developped very, very well in that regard.

Let's hope Zhao can make this transformation as well.

Comment

There has been talk since a few years about what great a talent Zhao Xintong is (and he is). But this is the first time he actually has an impressive result to his name with reaching the quarterfinals at the China Championship. And he did so with nothing less than a 5-3 win over world champion Mark Williams.
                          Have only seen the last frame though so can't comment on the quality of his game today.

Comment

very impressive play by Zhao Xintong to beat Mark Williams
                            on to play Hawkins or Dott
                            don't get easier does it

Comment

Nice win for Zhao Xintong. Obviously the penultimate frame was crucial, when Williams had a big lead and most of the colours were on the cushions, but Zhao developed the balls with some decent tactical play and a little bit of luck, then cleared to pinch the frame on the black. Unexpected. :smile:

Comment

Yuan Sijun is also through with 5:3 over Mark King. A great week for the young chinese players. Zhao, Lyu and Yuan all in the quarterfinals.

Comment

Working...
                                X