X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    so even the Player is regional?
    oh pooop!
    This actually wasn't the case when Eurosport Player was first introduced. I remember being able to switch between many different languages at one point, but now I can only get English commentary and the channels that are available on TV over here, which means Eurosport 2 is useless whenever Bundesliga is on. :smile:

Comment

Hard work for Selby then, as Li Yuan proved to be quite a difficult opponent today. :smile:

Comment

ah shame

Shame also for Li going in off the blue to give Selby the chance to clear up, he pots the blue and pushes the pink to the green pocket (black is down on its cushion about an inch off); Li keeps the pink out but goes in off in the yellow pocket, Selby duly pots it from in hand.
        Again Selby slides through a match by luck, mis-fortune of his opponents, some good shots, stamina, and grit.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Wow how unlucky was Yuan there indeed. I only watched the last two frames tho.
          Bingham lost 3-6 wtf....

edit: well I had already forgotten about the Leicester accident so it's normal for Selby not being 100% focused. He's mentioned that in the in the post match interview.
          Last edited by motorhead; 28 October 2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Another tough match for the favourite then, as Zhang Anda put up some strong resistance against Ding this morning. The penultimate frame was obviously a big one, when Ding came from 60 points behind in two visits to force a re-spotted black, even though the table was very awkward. He showed a lot of frustration throughout the match though, so the signs are not all that great ahead of the rest of the tournament.

Comment

That's his normal attitude round the table ! Needs to channel his frustrations in another .

Perhaps he needs a sports coach .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

4 Centuries in a row in the Tom Ford v Jimmy Robertson match , a very good standard .
                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Williams vs Akani Songsermsawad
                  Frame 3
                  Neal Foulds commentary "Reminds me of the misses you used to see in the early 80s, when the Miss rule did not exist."
                  This is incorrect, a Miss rule did exist then (and many years before) but of course has changed to the F&M we know and love today
                  If Neal is correct and the was giving the warning BEFORE replacing the ball(s) that is wrong; because if Williams asked Akani to play from where the ball(s) come to rest, the "count of 3" restarts.
                  Last edited by DeanH; 29 October 2018, 01:08 PM.

Comment

I'm enjoying Akani v Williams, this lad can certainly pot and his unique address makes me smile.

-
                    The fast and the furious,
                    The slow and labourious,
                    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                      4 Centuries in a row in the Tom Ford v Jimmy Robertson match , a very good standard .
                      Going to be a record for amount of centuries in this tournament judging by how generous the pockets are playing

Comment

Originally Posted by jimev View Post
                        Going to be a record for amount of centuries in this tournament judging by how generous the pockets are playing
                        Commentator said that Alfie Burden (current highest 142) said that the pockets are the usual tightness but the cloths and lack of humid are playing so nicely.

Comment

Woman in the front row with a yellow scarf on, why has she bothered coming? She's been looking at her phone throughout the whole match.

-
                          The slow and labourious,

Comment

Ding with a close match today again and he also again seemed to be quite unrelaxed.

Haven't seen Selby, but his score of 6-0 with 3 century breaks seems quite okay.
                            Mark Williams (3-3 against Akani) and Mark Allen (2-4 against Highfield) are still in the battle.

Comment

Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                              Ding with a close match today again and he also again seemed to be quite unrelaxed.

Haven't seen Selby, but his score of 6-0 with 3 century breaks seems quite okay.
                              Mark Williams (3-3 against Akani) and Mark Allen (2-4 against Highfield) are still in the battle.
                              An entertaining 108 from Akani takes him into a 4 - 3 lead now, Mark not looking particularly interested atm....

-
                              The slow and labourious,

Comment

yep and then a nice 101 to go 5-3 ahead

Comment

Working...
                                X