X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cueman
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be1BcC2eTX0

Watch him here and I know its not pressure as such but still a competitive game and you can see a much more flowing natural player. Wilson not played like this at all since working with Stark, who I don't think is a good coach IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Nah that's not true its something he started doing after working with Stark.
    I honestly thought Stark had said that he had tried to coach it out of him, but gave up.

I can see the point of it though: as it helps maintain acceleration through the CB and it is far more pronounced when he is under pressure and\or struggling.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Apparently the slow start to his shot, which becomes a pause under pressure is a natural thing.
    Nah that's not true its something he started doing after working with Stark.

Leave a comment:

• Tim65
    replied
    Originally Posted by Guitarnolife View Post
    Seems you might as well start lacing your shoes
    Or watch the Strictly results with my mrs.

Leave a comment:

• blahblah01
    replied
    Apparently the slow start to his shot, which becomes a pause under pressure is a natural thing.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by zygalski View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of Wilson's cue action with the deliberate pause just before delivering the cue.
    Its what I like to call overly coached to the point where all natural ability is reduced and the robotic style of play takes over.

Not surprised working with an old school coach like Stark who was never really much of a player. Good for him to get into good habits and practice properly but I feel to go to the next level you need to allow a certain amount of freedom in your game and to me Wilson over thinks everything to the detriment of his game.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by zygalski View Post
    Can't say I'm a fan of Wilson's cue action with the deliberate pause just before delivering the cue.
    No, I know what you mean.

I can't say I care for the comment Phil Yates has just made either, which pretty much suggested the game of snooker would be nothing without O'Sullivan's existence.

Leave a comment:

• Guitarnolife
    replied
    Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
    My pre-match prediction was 10-2. Sincerely hope I'm totally inaccurate or I might as well go out tonight.
    Seems you might as well start lacing your shoes

Leave a comment:

• zygalski
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Seeing as both Mark Allen and Ronnie have said the pockets are a bit generous will Selby's max be ratified ?
    If so we should go back and make John Spencer the first to make an official max in a tournament.

Table wars, Star knew that Rasson would do what they first did and supply a table with 'generous' pockets to make their product look better, so Star did this last week in china.
    Mark Allen's short cue action can't really go wrong on super fast tables with big pockets that are dead level, nothing has to be walloped, balls go in off either jaw at pace, too easy.

Like watching 9 ball, make it harder Barry, constant tons on tv will kill it at amateur level when new people have a go down the local, fail and give up.
    Even I was on a 147 as Selby, it’s just that I missed the first red

Leave a comment:

• Tim65
    replied
    My pre-match prediction was 10-2. Sincerely hope I'm totally inaccurate or I might as well go out tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
    Love him or loathe him you have to admire the way Ronnie plays the game ( when his heads right ) he's in a class of his own and it's a totally different atmosphere when he's playing, snooker needs him for sure and we need to enjoy him while he's around.
    Snooker has always needed exciting players like this Alex, Jimmy etc in the same way it's needed the consistent winners like Davis, Hendry to battle against but Ronnie has raised the bar in doing both, I was hoping Judd might have been the one to carry the mantle but not so sure now.
    Yep, completely agree. My eyes have turned towards Lisowski again after how he played last week, I will be hoping to see him continue to progress cos boy does he have talent!

Leave a comment:

• Stevie1
    replied
    Yes hard to think who will be the next generation exiting player don't think we will get one after Ronnie hangs his cue up

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    Love him or loathe him you have to admire the way Ronnie plays the game ( when his heads right ) he's in a class of his own and it's a totally different atmosphere when he's playing, snooker needs him for sure and we need to enjoy him while he's around.
    Snooker has always needed exciting players like this Alex, Jimmy etc in the same way it's needed the consistent winners like Davis, Hendry to battle against but Ronnie has raised the bar in doing both, I was hoping Judd might have been the one to carry the mantle but not so sure now.

Leave a comment:

• cueman
    replied
    Ronnie wins if he feels right. He was there for the taking against Murphy but Murphy more often than not lets Ronnie intimidate him.

Think Wilson is a different proposition. He very much reminds me of Selby in his determination and style of play. If he starts to slow the game down and frustrate, (see Williams and Trump matches), it will be interesting how Ronnie handles it. Also Wilson has had a lot of run in his matches this week, plenty of flukes and also a lot of good fortune when he's missed and left very little.

Ronnie 10-6 but only if Ronnie is in the right mood, not so sure he is at the moment. Otherwise Wilson has a chance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X