X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Just out of interest, what with all this table talk, has anything other than slate ever been used for professional/tournament table beds? I'm thinking one giant-ass slab of 12x6 resin or something like that. I'm guessing getting it level would be the problem with using a single slab of something?
    I don't suppose the table fitters would be too delighted to be shifting that about, especially the 128 invite events and all the tables involved! There would be forklifts all over the place! I've put a table together with 5 slabs and I nearly passed out after placing the 5th one!

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Just out of interest, what with all this table talk, has anything other than slate ever been used for professional/tournament table beds? I'm thinking one giant-ass slab of 12x6 resin or something like that. I'm guessing getting it level would be the problem with using a single slab of something?
    Last edited by Billy; 7 November 2018, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    Black logos on a black background, not the best idea for TV.

Leave a comment:

• vjmehra
    replied
    The tournament has been great so far, this table may catch on!

That said it did make me chuckle when Ronnie almost moaned about the table being too easy.

Maybe its a smart marketing move, lots of centuries probably equates to more sales!

Leave a comment:

• Woody001
    replied
    Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    The default match cloth is Strachan 6811, as per their website. I guess the same was used today.
    Thanks.

When you hear about the table running better, thought it's better to ask. I guess the slate used must make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
    Is the cloth, the same cloth as usual...?
    The default match cloth is Strachan 6811, as per their website. I guess the same was used today.

Leave a comment:

• Woody001
    replied
    Is the cloth, the same cloth as usual...?

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    I caught the last 3 frames, and 3 centuries.
    lovely to watch
    Ronnie played beautifully. I have so much admiration for John though, knowing he's not that happy with things at present, the professionalism he shows in turning up and doing the job well is very classy. I hope he has a nice holiday away soon and maybe takes Rons advice re picking and choosing a bit more. I think there is still high octane left in his tank as long as it's not watered down with quantity, quality is still very much there.

Leave a comment:

• QuickDraw
    replied
    Super classy match . Table seems to be very slick, the ball gliding across its surface, on a bed of air!!

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    It looks a certainty this table, in future events! Higgins too said it plays like playing on glass.
    Last edited by fkhan; 6 November 2018, 09:29 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2018 Champion of Champions

I caught the last 3 frames, and 3 centuries.
    lovely to watch

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    My guess is that the sponsors want the logos on screen as much as possible. The main angle used is framed by the advertisements on the barrier if they zoomed in that would be cut off.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
    Glad you said about this, it made me smile I thought my eyes had gone, it has been strange watching it through binoculars but its solved the problem
    That's just given me an idea for a genuine solution. My tv has many screen options, one of which is zoom!

Leave a comment:

• CueAntW147
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Well surely that's all the more reason to get closer. I don't mind the 'wide shot' that was introduced a few years ago to fall in line with the widescreen format, but this is ridiculous.
    Glad you said about this, it made me smile I thought my eyes had gone, it has been strange watching it through binoculars but its solved the problem

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by 147Daniel View Post
    Just too far away... They wanna show off the table as if to say "buy buy buuuuy!"
    Well surely that's all the more reason to get closer. I don't mind the 'wide shot' that was introduced a few years ago to fall in line with the widescreen format, but this is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X