No announcement yet.

2018 Northern Ireland Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep to that bit, but I meant what did he mean by not being able to find the right bit of the CB right handed.

I had a quick youtube re Davis doing that break, but haven't found it yet, maybe I saw it way back when? But he certainly hasn't invented it, and while I do like him, his sweet\divine Cue Action, and what he says in general: his break is the worst in Snooker is a tad OTT?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
      Yep to that bit, but I meant what did he mean by not being able to find the right bit of the CB right handed.

I had a quick youtube re Davis doing that break, but haven't found it yet, maybe I saw it way back when? But he certainly hasn't invented it, and while I do like him, his sweet\divine Cue Action, and what he says in general: his break is the worst in Snooker is a tad OTT?
      ROSS . OTT = computer says yes.
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

One of the surest things in Ronnie's absence at the table is that his finger will never be far from his nostril... not being at the table I guess for him is equivalent to a bogey in golf...
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post

So, Ronnie's new break-off ...

Slightly more constructive that Steve Davis's 'settle into the back of the pack' idea from 15 years or so ago.

I've been doing that break for ages now albeit from the other side with the white tight to the yellow. First time i've seen a pro use it. Easy break to mess up but when you hit it right it can put the white really awkward.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
            Wasn't Davis's method to settle into the back of the pack, as though escaping from a snooker? I'm sure I saw him do this in a televised tournament about 15 years back.

Originally Posted by narl View Post
            I've been doing that break for ages now albeit from the other side with the white tight to the yellow. First time i've seen a pro use it. Easy break to mess up but when you hit it right it can put the white really awkward.
            You should have copyrighted it. You'd have made literally... uum, pounds by now
            Last edited by Billy; 16 November 2018, 12:17 AM.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

S Davis did do 2 cushions into the base of the triangle.

I don't know if that was before or after what ROS has used, but it wasn't new 20 years ago. Does anyone have Steve's SM (ooo er missus) details?

Comment

Wasn't Davis's method to settle into the back of the pack, as though escaping from a snooker? I'm sure I saw him do this in a televised tournament about 15 years back.

You should have copyrighted it. You'd have made literally... uum, pounds by now
                The first time I saw this break used in competition was in the early/mid 1980's by Alex Higgins against Steve Davis.It usually led to a stalemate straightaway.Brilliant bit of mischief making by the Hurricane.
                :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                  I'm assuming this post is after seeing all the latest Twitter garbage...
                  His latest rant against Barry Hearn & his general bellendedness.

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Really looking forward to tonight's Gilbert - O'Sullivan match. I've got all his records.

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
                      Really looking forward to tonight's Gilbert - O'Sullivan match. I've got all his records.
                      That will be a topsy-turvy match.

Comment

The clack of the balls is horrible at this tourny.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

The clack of the balls is horrible at this tourny.
                          And the sound of the cues

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            I think he tried it some years ago - at a PTC IIRC?
                            At least in this German masters qualifiers he used it in 5th and 9th frame to break off. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bLFko2CAy4
                            Hilarious match this btw. The end of the 8th frame was ridiculous

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                              And the sound of the cues
                              Yeah. Acoustics in general.

Not going to bother starting a thread in the questions forum as the answer isn't open for debate, but is a foul on the final black an automatic loss, regardless of score? Jud could foul in this exchange with Ryan, and technically it wouldn't make any difference (Trump 51 Day 46) but I've got a complete mental block on whether a foul on final black is an automatic loss or not.

Comment

Yeah. Acoustics in general.

Not going to bother starting a thread in the questions forum as the answer isn't open for debate, but is a foul on the final black an automatic loss, regardless of score? Jud could foul in this exchange with Ryan, and technically it wouldn't make any difference (Trump 51 Day 46) but I've got a complete mental block on whether a foul on final black is an automatic loss or not.
                                Yeah foul on the black means loss of frame (unless that means scores are tied and hence re spot needed)

Comment

Working...
                                X