2018 Scottish Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
    Dunno ask Bazza, but it was odd that it was mentioned and my guess is that Allen's hangover kicked in vs Wells, so "needed" alcohol.

The sad part was that pretty much mocked Alex for it, when I am quite certain that nerves etc were part of it (and the horrible smoking thing with 4 in one hand...)

He was a genius along with Best and ROS, which is why I will defend ROS as he has survived for pretty much more than them combined. Some of what he says is garbage, obviously, althought there is sense in there somewhere ie his "Tour" thing, but he is not the brightest button.....
    Ronnie looks after himself better for sure, keeps himself fit and always looks & tries new thing's on and off the table, physically and mentally.

Comment

• That was weird as ROS said only one or two would try it, then named John Higgins

More Jack, Judd, Luca?

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        ?what is all the fuss?
        Typical knee-jerk reaction whenever the consumption of alcohol is mentioned. It's evil and must be destroyed by fire... no, scrap that, fire would be a bad idea.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
          Jimmy was talking about his 4 half of lagers in different places and bars during intervals especially at the Crucible, said he would have one half with the reptiles......meaning the press...........lol
          Lol, I do love that story he tells. I would love to hear more about Mark Allens spree in Scotland, it sounded like he decided before he went that regardless of snooker he was treating it as a working holiday after a good performance in the UK. He won it so fair play to him I say.

Maybe Jimmy feels a little bit of that back in the game brings a bit more entertainment value. Let's face it Daniel Wells looked like he needed a stiff drink when it went 5-5! His arm looked stiff as aboard!
          βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            Lol, I do love that story he tells. I would love to hear more about Mark Allens spree in Scotland, it sounded like he decided before he went that regardless of snooker he was treating it as a working holiday after a good performance in the UK. He won it so fair play to him I say.

Maybe Jimmy feels a little bit of that back in the game brings a bit more entertainment value. Let's face it Daniel Wells looked like he needed a stiff drink when it went 5-5! His arm looked stiff as aboard!
            That's right, the whole thing made me smile, the banter with Jimmy etc during the coverage and almost like Allen was keeping the old school snooker hall values alive and well in the modern game.

Big Bill Werbeniuk wouldn't have had much of a problem with it would he ......lol
            Last edited by CueAntW147; 17 December 2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
              That's right, the whole thing made me smile, the banter with Jimmy etc during the coverage and almost like Allen was keeping the old school snooker hall values alive and well in the modern game.

Big Bill Werbeniuk wouldn't have had much problem with it would he ......lol
              Too true, and given some of the lack lustre performances seen from the young struggling but talented players, can't help but think a couple drinks might relax them enough to help them to perform better, seen so many uptight performances where they look like a rabbit in the headlights :distress:We don't want to become like America and think anyone who has a drink in a non social environment must be an Alchy!

Back in the day it was at least acceptable as a club pastime and surely better than Beta Blockers ( accepted for Mr Foulds who had diabetes so needed a level playing field lol!)
              βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

• Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                I didn't hear Mark Allen say that, do you have a link? I did hear Ronnie and Jimmy saying he should probably have a beer or 2 in the mid-session to keep himself feeling good, but I'm almost entirely certain they were taking the P. Simple bantz. He had a few beers through the week and won the tournament, big deal. Alex would probably have drank the same amount he had all week before the mid session interval, pissed in a plant pot and still won the tournament.
                I didn't say he was already at the same stage as Alex, but no one starts as bad as they end up. Drinking between the interval is a warning sign, hopefully it doesn't progress but it's not normal drinking behaviour.

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                Typical knee-jerk reaction whenever the consumption of alcohol is mentioned. It's evil and must be destroyed by fire... no, scrap that, fire would be a bad idea.
                Or perhaps a reaction from people who have been affected by alcoholism through family or other?

It's not evil and millions use it responsibly. There's also a lot of people destroying their own and other's lives with it.

As I said, it's a warning sign and not necessarily a sign that he is going to go the same way as Alex, and as I also said I hope it doesn't go that way.

No controversy, just wishing him well. He doesn't exactly look like he looks after himself.
                Last edited by vilkrang; 18 December 2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Sat in his chair looking like a chippolata tied together with string and sipping water like an athlete, contradictory yes. He's overweight and red around the gills for a reason and that could well be beer.
                  So what, it's his life, his family may disagree though as one never knows what sort of drunk a person becomes, especially the short ones who tend to be nasty.

Moderation in all things is my mantra, keeps your body from building up a tolerance so you don't need more and more, just indulge yourself now and again but never too much.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by two-cues View Post
                    Yeah he said he had a couple during the interval with the Wells match.

Did I hear him correct when he said his stepson, aged 13, had just had a 147 in 5m 04s?
                    Don’t know about that but I did hear last night that his stepson is brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                    X