replied
    2019 German Masters

cracking results for Jones and Gilbert
    shame but they play each other next

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
    Taom are giving chalk and tips to amateur players for free. So any pro could get some for free easily, but free is never really free in that world. If you get what I mean.
    Taom are a sponsor at the German Masters this year. I bet there is free chalk and tips flying around the Tempodrom.
    Yep, for the likes of ROS etc, endorsements are expected. Ron done them up like a kipper, by saying no thanks to your free chalk Triangle is still the guvnor because I believe the endorsement offering wasn't attractive to him? Something along those lines...

Leave a comment:

• arsalanjami
    replied
    Ah there we go. Good .

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    "Paying" being the operative word, he's not the first to say that ROS did too I belive. I think top pro's expect to get things like this for free, I also think TAOM are missing a trick not offering it to them...
    Taom are giving chalk and tips to amateur players for free. So any pro could get some for free easily, but free is never really free in that world. If you get what I mean.
    Taom are a sponsor at the German Masters this year. I bet there is free chalk and tips flying around the Tempodrom.
    Last edited by bobmikeking; 1 February 2019, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• arsalanjami
    replied
    Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
    "Paying" being the operative word, he's not the first to say that ROS did too I belive. I think top pro's expect to get things like this for free, I also think TAOM are missing a trick not offering it to them...
    Wait...they aren't giving the players free chalk that they would want to promote? Didn't know that. Unreal.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    "I'm not paying £15 for a bit of chalk."
    Stephen Maguire

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Weird results in the last couple of sessions... It looked to be a great last16 line-up, but some unlikely players have made it through, particularly Jones. Still, should be a fun weekend. :smile:

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Are Scottish people inherently more sensible than?

-
    I ain't buying one either, but i'm skint compared to him

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    Well he is Scottish
    Are Scottish people inherently more sensible than?

-

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    I don't understand why Eurosport are showing a replay when there are still live games on?
    I have my fingers crossed for Duane it would be a huge win for him if he can make it happen.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Stephen Maguire
    Well he is Scottish

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    Stephen Maguire

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    I'm pretty sure he said recently in an interview that he has decided to try to think less and try not to over analyze shots. He said something like the first shot you see is usually the best one and he was trying to just get down and play the shot he sees, and play with a good rhythm etc.
    Well it's not working out too well for him is it. I think he needs to stop thinking about how much he's thinking.

-

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    Bit of both. Gilbert played well and Selby was true to current form. Is his shot selection a bit too aggressive at the moment? I've thought this on a number of occasions recently. Maybe all the criticism of his style of play has got to him, he does seem somewhat less inclined to run for cover these days. There were quite a few shots from him today which I thought were just not worth the risk/reward, shots I doubt he'd have considered a year or two ago.

The yellow into the side pocket, holding for the red into the yellow pocket, in frame 8 for example, this was a very dubious choice, difficult pot, leaving Gilbert an easy starter for the match, if missed, which it was. And the missed green which got Glbert in for his match winning break, just too risky for me, and it lost him the match. I think he needs to revert back to his natural style, and forget the nay-sayers.

-
    I'm pretty sure he said recently in an interview that he has decided to try to think less and try not to over analyze shots. He said something like the first shot you see is usually the best one and he was trying to just get down and play the shot he sees, and play with a good rhythm etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X