• Show
Clear All

• Is Carter commentating on Quest?

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• I wake up - check my phone to see whats going on in the tournament - as soon as my livefeed loads, Ursenbacher pots the yellow and the rest and the handshake----Waaaaaa!!! Did I miss? and another 147? JEEZUSS

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
        Is Carter commentating on Quest?

-
        Pretty sure that is Mark Davis in with Dave Hendon

Comment

• For those who don't follow results anywhere else, there were some other upsets today:

Michael Georgiou beat Barry Hawkins 4-2, earning him his second appearance in a ranking event aside from the dreadful Shoot-Out (the other one was at the Welsh Open as well).

Ian Burns beat Mark Allen 4-2. He now plays Scott Donaldson for a spot in the quarterfinals.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
            Anybody else thinks there happen way too much maximums these days?
            I wouldn’t necessarily say too many but I certainly don’t get the same buzz from them I used to. At least I don’t when the crowd are as crap as they are at this one. You get a warmer round of applause for a century at the big tournaments.
            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Can someone explain how the players on other tables know when a 147 is on. I once heard someone say something about it being when they hear the ref call out a particular score.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by cattermole View Post
                Is anyone else having problems with their Eurosport Player this morning?
                Yes, they did't cover either of Jimmy White's matches!

But it is still working to today

Comment

For those who don't follow results anywhere else, there were some other upsets today:

Michael Georgiou beat Barry Hawkins 4-2, earning him his second appearance in a ranking event aside from the dreadful Shoot-Out (the other one was at the Welsh Open as well).

Ian Burns beat Mark Allen 4-2. He now plays Scott Donaldson for a spot in the quarterfinals.
                  So I wonder who on earth's going to make the final now ...

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
                    Still a few top players in the race with Selby, Higgins (who plays Lisowski next), Robertson, Ding.
                    But I wouldn't rule out a surprise finalist with this format.

Comment

15.000 + 2.000

So 8.500 for both of them.
                      Yep, unless some other maximum/maximums are churned out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        Can someone explain how the players on other tables know when a 147 is on. I once heard someone say something about it being when they hear the ref call out a particular score.
                        You tend not to hear the ref calls in the venue, even on the TV table.
                        The players on the next table can often see the scoreboards as well.
                        The audience can see the scoreboards on many tables from most seats, also on table one and two they have monitors up on the lighting gantries which often show the scoreboards of the other tables.
                        But there is something in the audience liked an excited anticipation hushed whispers that goes round like lightning and gets people's attention.
                        Like when Ding didn't realise he was on one till the last black (when he went up to the blue) but everyone else did
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Thanks, Dean. Must’ve missed the Ding blunder.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Thanks, Dean. Must’ve missed the Ding blunder.
                            Red button now

Comment

• Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
                              If I have to make a guess:
                              Bingham - Robertson will be the final.

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                                Yes, you are not alone. Seems to be sorted now.

-
                                In the end it was only down for about an hour but still long enough to wind me up on a morning off 😀

Comment

Working...
                                X