X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    If I have to make a guess:
    Bingham - Robertson will be the final.
    Yes, I'll go along with Robertson too, but not Bingo ....

Comment

Still a few top players in the race with Selby, Higgins (who plays Lisowski next), Robertson, Ding.
      But I wouldn't rule out a surprise finalist with this format.
      Well, Ding's next to bite the dust ....

Comment

• 2019 Welsh Open

just meet a lovely couple in Cardiff for today till Sunday from.... Colorado
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I think Neil will win this title.

Comment

• Selby is OUT. I couldn’t find the live stream.

Comment

• Six nations represented among the last eight.

Comment

• Can anybody tell me the name of this new referee?

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-conte...2-1100x628.jpg

Comment

• Proletina Velichkova

Comment

• Anybody else get a feeling that Neil Robertson has a good chance for a second World Championship title this year?

Comment

Anybody else get a feeling that Neil Robertson has a good chance for a second World Championship title this year?
                      He is showing a little more consistency than in the previous couple of seasons, and he has had some really impressive performances in individual matches, but I wouldn't put him at the top of my list. As things stand now, there will be a couple of players going into the World Championship holding multiple titles, whereas Robertson has only won the relatively minor Riga Masters way back in July. We'll see what happens in February and March though...

Comment

• Thank you, bobmikeking! She's so cute, isn't she?
                        Last edited by herbie; 15 February 2019, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Anybody else get a feeling that Neil Robertson has a good chance for a second World Championship title this year?
                          Sure - like a dozen other players.

Comment

• I wouldn't bet on Robertson. He's had an okay season, but 2 or 3 years with little consistency including a lot of early round exits. Lack of consistency doesn't go well with the long format of the Worlds. I do fancy him to get another title, just not this year.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                              He is showing a little more consistency than in the previous couple of seasons, and he has had some really impressive performances in individual matches, but I wouldn't put him at the top of my list. As things stand now, there will be a couple of players going into the World Championship holding multiple titles, whereas Robertson has only won the relatively minor Riga Masters way back in July. We'll see what happens in February and March though...
                              It's more of a gut feeling.
                              Statistically when looking for the world champion it is rarely that it will be the best player of the season. Most of the times the crown at the crucible goes to somebody who had quite a good, but not exactly an outstanding season with multiple tournament wins. The only exceptions in the last fifteen years actually were John Higgins in 2011 and Mark Selby in 2017.

The point that speaks against him is, that he hasn't had a real consistent tournament all season. He had some great matches, but suddenly in his next match he was pretty poor. The same is true for Mark Selby by the way - and some other players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                                Can anybody tell me the name of this new referee?

http://www.worldsnooker.com/wp-conte...2-1100x628.jpg
                                Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                                Proletina Velichkova
                                Not new really, she has been on the circuit for some years now
                                I have noticed some new faces around Cardiff as they trail newbies here
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X