No announcement yet.

2019 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy's always rated Maflin, no real surprise when a player like him has a run in a match.

I feel Robbo will come out strong now after the break. Should be good.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Here we go... I love deciding frames.
      "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• I really hope Neil wins it now.

Comment

• Best of Luck to Kurt in the decider, he has tested Neil's reserve tonight. Gotta say my money would be on Robbo now to close this out.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Neil wins it on the decider. Maflin played really well. Was very unlucky to have knocked the black in.

Comment

• Good but tough win for Neil... Kurt was pretty unlucky when that black dropped, anyway he hit that red way too hard IMHO.
              "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Was really hoping Maflin would get past Robertson. I wonder if there will be any more surprise results in the semi's?
                I think most would assume that it will be Bingham and Robertson in the final

Comment

• Ouch! Anyone who's played this game competitively knows how Maflin feels tonight. Such fine margins between bravery, judgement, courage & Kudos!

Hope Kurt takes the positives away from his performance tonight.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Not so sure about that... from what I've seen Joe O'Connor doing to John Higgins, this should be close at least.

I actually fancy him winning this if he can reproduce that kinda performance... anyway I'm looking forward to see them battling it out, should be a good match to watch.
                    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
                      I think most would assume that it will be Bingham and Robertson in the final
                      I hope not. I'm sorry as I suspect you're a fan if your avatar is any clue, but Bingham's game bores me rigid.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                        Pronunciation complaint of the day:

Why do English-speaking people insist on putting the stress on the final syllable for every female name that ends with "ova"? You don't do this for male names that end with "ov", so what's the deal? Also, why do you go out of your way to say "ouva" instead of "ova"? :smile:
                        I would generally stress the O in -ova, and wouldn't insert a U! That may also be wrong, mind :P

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          I hope not. I'm sorry as I suspect you're a fan if your avatar is any clue, but Bingham's game bores me rigid.
                          I'm not a Bingham fan. I just think the picture is funny so I used it for an avatar, not that I dislike Bingham I'm a bit indifferent to him I suppose.
                          I just think that is the most likely final based on who is in the semi. I would prefer the final without Robertson or Bingham

Comment

• Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            Ouch! Anyone who's played this game competitively knows how Maflin feels tonight. Such fine margins between bravery, judgement, courage & Kudos!

Hope Kurt takes the positives away from his performance tonight.
                            Indeed a tough loss. Played well and was unlucky in the decider. The chances that the black went in were extremely small. Still he didn't need to hit the ball that hard and if you do so many things can happen. It was not only on this ball that Kurt playes with more speed than necessary.
                            The quarterfinal is a good result for Maflin, but after being so close to the semifinal he won't find much consolation in it.

Comment

• Would never have expected to see Joe O'Connor in a semifinal here. Never have seen him play yet.

Comment

• If O'Connor makes the final he would be the second lowest ranked finalist ever in a ranking tournament, sitting currently at #103 in the rankings. Only Marco Fu, when he made the Grand Prix final in 1998, was even ranked far lower as #377 back then.

However there are three players that got to a final, when having no official ranking. Most famously Terry Griffiths, who won the World Championship in 1979. The two others were James Wattana, who was the runner-up at the 1989 Asian Open and Andrew Higginson, when he reached the final at the 2007 Welsh Open.

Comment

Working...
                                X