2019 Welsh Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    I would never guess that Vafaei is only 24 just by looking at him. He looks old enough to be my father. :smile:
    Met him last year and as you say he does not look like he was 23, nice young man

Like Jackson Page, even with the trimmed beard, he does not appear to be 16 (was that last year?)
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I thought the same, I saw some pictures on his twitter that are only a couple of years old and he looks much younger. It looks like the hair loss has really aged him.

Comment

• Fantastic stuff Neil.
        If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

• 2019 Welsh Open

shame for Hussain

if Robbo plays the same tomorrow and Bingham plays the same he did today, Robbo's got it

Let's hope for a good match.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            shame for Hussain

if Robbo plays the same tomorrow and Bingham plays the same he did today, Robbo's got it

Let's hope for a good match.
            Hope you have enjoyed the week so far Dean, and fingers crossed for a great final

Comment

• Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
              It is a bit of black tape used as a marker for his hand, Akani does the same thing with green tape.

Thanks Bob, all makes perfect sense now. He is a very exacting type of player.
              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Hope fully he can build from this. It would be good to have another younger British player up there at the top.

Comment

• My goodness, that last brown by Robertson...

Comment

• I feel sorry for the Welsh. They get a ****ty tournament

Comment

• Wow, that blue Bingo missed into the middle was so badly timed! Not used to seeing that from him.

Oh, no worries, Joe is being nice to him. I'm sure JH will be spitting Napalm if watching!!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
                        My goodness, that last brown by Robertson...
                        I missed it! I had my back to the TV then heard the roar, but by the time I'd swivelled round it was gone... and no replay.

Found it!
                        Last edited by Billy; 16 February 2019, 11:36 PM.
                        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          I missed it! I had my back to the TV then heard the roar, but by the time I'd swivelled round it was gone... and no replay.

Found it!
                          It's amazing isn't it. how they replay every shot except the particular one you'd really like to see again.

-
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            It's amazing isn't it. how they replay every shot except the particular one you'd really like to see again.

-
                            Yup! It was easy enough to find, though. Some double, eh?
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by QuickDraw View Post
                              That's one long cue O'Connor uses, anybody know the specs?
                              He's a small bloke and really needs something tailor made for him, the balance must be way out with a lot of the cue's weight behind his grip hand.

Why do these lower ranked players only seem to play well when I'm not watching, they were both crap yesterday and I predicted 6-0 to Robertson as every time I see Vafaei he's awful and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Talking of pronunciation, surely it's Lis(OV)ski and not Lis(OW)ski ?
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                                Talking of pronunciation, surely it's Lis(OV)ski and not Lis(OW)ski ?
                                You mean if you wanted to pronounce it like a Polish person would? Then yes, you are correct. The Polish "w" is the equivalent of the English "v", while the letter "v" does not exist in the Polish alphabet. Also, the "s" would not turn into a "z" sound, and the syllable "sow" would rhyme with "low" rather than "cow".

Edit: Actually, it wouldn't rhyme because w turns into v, but you get the point. :smile:
                                Last edited by Odrl; 17 February 2019, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X