Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
    On his twitter he says he hit it.
    Well thats interesting. I thought he must have. The ref must have thought so to.

Comment

I hope Andy Lee finds a bit of form in this match.

Oozes class as a person.

Comment

Disappointed not to see any coverage of Jimmy White match

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
          Disappointed not to see any coverage of Jimmy White match
          Don't worry, there are many people in the seats watching his match.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Don't worry, there are many people in the seats watching his match.
            I can't see from where I'm sitting though

Comment

2019 Welsh Open

i can
              he has just won

Comment

Yep been following on twitter and the live (but delayed ) score on WS website.

Comment

I've had a look through the thread so apologies if this has been asked and i missed it, why don't the advertising boards say "Home Nations Welsh Open"? There are just ManBetX adverts everywhere but this is part of the Home Nations now yes?
                  Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

In Ronnie's 'denied' century, despite the pink being potted and the balls at rest - the score for the pink would not have been counted until the pink is back on its spot, is that right?

As far as I'm concerned, the ball was potted, a scoring stroke completed without foul and yes, he THEN played a foul by striking the red before the pink was effectively spotted but surely that is just 4 away as the red was ball on, and the pink should still be counted?

Any rules experts that can point out the rule that says otherwise?

Comment

2019 Welsh Open

the stroke was not complete as the pink had not be been spotted corrected as well as the referee had not called the break, there are multiple factors that need to be completed before the stroke is complete and the player can do their next stroke.
                      shame but them's the rules

Sec2.6 Stroke
                      and
                      Sec3.10 (b)(ii)
                      Last edited by DeanH; 12 February 2019, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by kehall View Post
                        .....As far as I'm concerned, the ball was potted, a scoring stroke completed without foul and yes, he THEN played a foul by striking the red before the pink was effectively spotted but surely that is just 4 away as the red was ball on, and the pink should still be counted? ....
                        Unfortunately you cannot make your own rules up ha ha ha

Comment

lmao love when Ronnie plays like this, he gives no F*cks. Crazy how he still manages to pot everything while looking like he cant be bothered to play. That being said he looked like he was clearly protesting against something again

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            the stroke was not complete as the pink had not be been spotted corrected as well as the referee had not called the break, there are multiple factors that need to be completed before the stroke is complete and the player can do their next stroke.
                            shame but them's the rules

Sec2.6 Stroke
                            and
                            Sec3.10 (b)(ii)
                            Ok so the only reason it wasn't counted was that the referee had not called the score (despite the scorer seemingly add it - mind you that was probably just the TV scorer not the official one). If the referee had called the score before spotting the pink the stroke would ahve been complete leaving only the foul by Sec3.10(b)(ii), unless there's a separate rule book for referees to only call the score after respotting (which kind of makes sense anyway)

Good stuff!

Comment

Nice max, Robbo! Well done. The twelve members of the crowd were delighted
                              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Made that look easy...
                                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Working...
                                X