Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy
    replied
    Dominic stressing it's important Bingham gets a frame on the board quickly. Calm down Dom. Someone had to win the opening frame

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    Talking of pronunciation, surely it's Lis(OV)ski and not Lis(OW)ski ?
    You mean if you wanted to pronounce it like a Polish person would? Then yes, you are correct. The Polish "w" is the equivalent of the English "v", while the letter "v" does not exist in the Polish alphabet. Also, the "s" would not turn into a "z" sound, and the syllable "sow" would rhyme with "low" rather than "cow".

Edit: Actually, it wouldn't rhyme because w turns into v, but you get the point. :smile:
    Gets even trickier as I have heard that when many polish came over before/during the war they changed the spelling of their names to the sounds in English.
    My sister's first husband was a Robaczynski - which I was told they changed from original spelling.

Anyway snooker final about to start

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    You mean if you wanted to pronounce it like a Polish person would? Then yes, you are correct. The Polish "w" is the equivalent of the English "v", while the letter "v" does not exist in the Polish alphabet. Also, the "s" would not turn into a "z" sound, and the syllable "sow" would rhyme with "low" rather than "cow".

Edit: Actually, it wouldn't rhyme because w turns into v, but you get the point. :smile:
    Last edited by Odrl; 17 February 2019, 12:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vmax
    replied
    Originally Posted by QuickDraw View Post
    That's one long cue O'Connor uses, anybody know the specs?
    He's a small bloke and really needs something tailor made for him, the balance must be way out with a lot of the cue's weight behind his grip hand.

Why do these lower ranked players only seem to play well when I'm not watching, they were both crap yesterday and I predicted 6-0 to Robertson as every time I see Vafaei he's awful and couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
    It's amazing isn't it. how they replay every shot except the particular one you'd really like to see again.

-
    Yup! It was easy enough to find, though. Some double, eh?

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I missed it! I had my back to the TV then heard the roar, but by the time I'd swivelled round it was gone... and no replay.

Found it!
    It's amazing isn't it. how they replay every shot except the particular one you'd really like to see again.

-

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Zelig View Post
    My goodness, that last brown by Robertson...
    I missed it! I had my back to the TV then heard the roar, but by the time I'd swivelled round it was gone... and no replay.

Found it!
    Last edited by Billy; 16 February 2019, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Wow, that blue Bingo missed into the middle was so badly timed! Not used to seeing that from him.

Oh, no worries, Joe is being nice to him. I'm sure JH will be spitting Napalm if watching!!

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    I feel sorry for the Welsh. They get a ****ty tournament

Leave a comment:

• Zelig
    replied
    My goodness, that last brown by Robertson...

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    Hope fully he can build from this. It would be good to have another younger British player up there at the top.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
    It is a bit of black tape used as a marker for his hand, Akani does the same thing with green tape.

Thanks Bob, all makes perfect sense now. He is a very exacting type of player.

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    shame for Hussain

if Robbo plays the same tomorrow and Bingham plays the same he did today, Robbo's got it

Let's hope for a good match.
    Hope you have enjoyed the week so far Dean, and fingers crossed for a great final

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 Welsh Open

shame for Hussain

if Robbo plays the same tomorrow and Bingham plays the same he did today, Robbo's got it

Let's hope for a good match.

Leave a comment:

• Chappy5
    replied
    Fantastic stuff Neil.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X