Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal
    replied
    Have not seen much of him before, only caught last two frames, but those two frames O'Connor took it well. A little bit too mechanical in my eyes, but he seems to be potting well in the moment. Maybe a surprise winner on Sunday?

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Yeah, and going through a very tough draw indeed.

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    Impressive break to win this. Well done, Joe... quite a scalp

Leave a comment:

• jonny66
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Yeah, we've just had a studio segment with Goldstein, O'Sullivan and White, and they couldn't even coordinate about which mispronunciation of "Xintong" they were going to use. Goldstein and O'Sullivan went with "Zintong", whereas White preferred "Yintong". :wink:
    In a country that can't even make up it's mind on the pronunciation of the letter 'H' what do you expect?

Some people say 'aitch' (they are right) and some say 'haitch' (They are wrong)

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Nah, just commentators and you know how much they get wrong
    Yeah, we've just had a studio segment with Goldstein, O'Sullivan and White, and they couldn't even coordinate about which mispronunciation of "Xintong" they were going to use. Goldstein and O'Sullivan went with "Zintong", whereas White preferred "Yintong". :wink:

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
    Pronunciation complaint of the day:

Why do English-speaking people insist on putting the stress on the final syllable for every female name that ends with "ova"? You don't do this for male names that end with "ov", so what's the deal? Also, why do you go out of your way to say "ouva" instead of "ova"? :smile:
    Nah, just commentators and you know how much they get wrong

Leave a comment:

• Odrl
    replied
    Pronunciation complaint of the day:

Why do English-speaking people insist on putting the stress on the final syllable for every female name that ends with "ova"? You don't do this for male names that end with "ov", so what's the deal? Also, why do you go out of your way to say "ouva" instead of "ova"? :smile:

Leave a comment:

• Achamian
    replied
    How does Swansea Steve manage to sit in the audience at virtually every single snooker tournament I watch on TV?

Is he someone's manager or something?

Or does he just have a lot of spare time and money?

He certainly lives the good life, doesn't he?

Best of luck to him. He seems like a nice friendly guy.

Leave a comment:

• herbie
    replied
    I was really surprised when I saw her (Proletina Velichkova) the first time the day before yesterday. The way she looks I'd be less surprised if she was a successful ballet dancer. However she is definetely a smart women with great skills, very impressing.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by crocodile View Post
    Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
    She surely is. I loved the way she couldn't help smiling all over the place when Dominic Dale was doing his jester things in his match against Higgins... women like funny men.

I still miss Michaela when it comes to cuteness. Or milfness, for that matter...
    Yes, me too - what happened to her? Did she stop refereeing altogether? I never really kept track ...
    She does a lot of pool stuff around the world, she did the legends tours as well.
    Last edited by DeanH; 15 February 2019, 10:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• crocodile
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Anybody else get a feeling that Neil Robertson has a good chance for a second World Championship title this year?
    I'd like to think so, as he's always been one of my favourite players, but I'm still a bit sceptical .... There again, if pushed, I really don't know who I'd go for ....

Leave a comment:

• crocodile
    replied
    She surely is. I loved the way she couldn't help smiling all over the place when Dominic Dale was doing his jester things in his match against Higgins... women like funny men.

I still miss Michaela when it comes to cuteness. Or milfness, for that matter...
    Yes, me too - what happened to her? Did she stop refereeing altogether? I never really kept track ...

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by herbie View Post
    Thank you, bobmikeking! She's so cute, isn't she?
    I'm, with you. Proletina seems really nice. Smiling so often.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Yeah, this. It could be a really thrilling one this year... Judd and Ronnie being the obvious favourites right now, but with Neil in this kinda form, you never know.
    The three Marks, the "runner-ups" Barry and Ali doin pretty good lately, Kyren will grind his way through, dark horse Luca... I'm looking forward to this.
    Luca? Really? Don't think he has a chance.

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Originally Posted by bobmikeking View Post
    Pretty sure that is Mark Davis in with Dave Hendon
    Ah yes, I think you're right, thanks bob.

-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X