Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arsalanjami
    replied
    I wake up - check my phone to see whats going on in the tournament - as soon as my livefeed loads, Ursenbacher pots the yellow and the rest and the handshake----Waaaaaa!!! Did I miss? and another 147? JEEZUSS

Leave a comment:

• PatBlock
    replied
    Is Carter commentating on Quest?

-

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    The meeting could not have been that important, could it?
    :wink:

Maximums are still rare enough and special enough - the perfect frame - to still be honoured highly
    And no I don't think there are too many these days - yet
    Not from my point of view, but I was afraid my boss would see this a bit different.

So you got your third live maximum today?
    YEP!

but who's counting?
    :biggrin:

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied

Maximums are still rare enough and special enough - the perfect frame - to still be honoured highly
    Not from my point of view, but I was afraid my boss would see this a bit different. But honestly I rather miss a maximum than a close frame in an important match.

So you got your third live maximum today?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Just had to go to a meeting for a few moments and missed the second half of Saengkham's 147. The second already in this tournament. Anybody else thinks there happen way too much maximums these days?

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    anyone know the max prize fund and highest break money for the Welsh?

obviously shared now
    15.000 + 2.000

So 8.500 for both of them.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 Welsh Open

anyone know the max prize fund and highest break money for the Welsh?

obviously shared now

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
    Even though Snooker isn't a physically demanding sport compared to others, it's hugely mentally demanding

The top players are starting to taper now before the World champs. Just like a marathon runner tapers his training before a marathon

The top players want some match practice but they don't want to win too much over the next month and a bit. They want to be fresh as Frack come April

the slightly lower ranked players because they don't win as much will continue to take whatever wins they can
    That's true. Most of the time the top players just use the last two or three tournaments as a test of form, but don't give every percent to win the title. Though it's possible to still fare well at the Crucible with some good runs before as Selby prooved, when he won the China Open and the World Championship back to back in 2017.

Also over Best-of-7 there simply many things can happen. It's just such a short distance and of course a good chance for the lesser ranked players to beat the higher ranked ones.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Just had to go to a meeting for a few moments and missed the second half of Saengkham's 147. The second already in this tournament. Anybody else thinks there happen way too much maximums these days?

Leave a comment:

• peterpackage
    replied
    Even though Snooker isn't a physically demanding sport compared to others, it's hugely mentally demanding

The top players are starting to taper now before the World champs. Just like a marathon runner tapers his training before a marathon

The top players want some match practice but they don't want to win too much over the next month and a bit. They want to be fresh as Frack come April

the slightly lower ranked players because they don't win as much will continue to take whatever wins they can

Leave a comment:

• crocodile
    replied
    Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Does anyone else get the impression O’Sullivan gets a bit of a buzz losing to these young up and coming players? I find his attitude to them a little sycophantic. He tapped the table for the Swiss guy who just beat him, more times in that one match that he has done in his entire career for his peers and the players from his era.
    Yes, as far as I'm aware Higgins and Selby are just about the only players he shows any real respect for.
    Last edited by crocodile; 14 February 2019, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Does anyone else get the impression O’Sullivan gets a bit of a buzz losing to these young up and coming players? I find his attitude to them a little sycophantic. He tapped the table for the Swiss guy who just beat him, more times in that one match that he has done in his entire career for his peers and the players from his era.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Never saw that result coming . Seem him practice a few times , as he is sponsored by the club I play at . But he has taken his game up a couple of notches to beat Ronnie . Well done Alexander .
    Yeah, haven't ever seen Alex play that strongly. He was a bit shaky in the last frame, missing two good opportunities to win and I already thought Ronnie would punish him, but that's normal, when you are just a few balls away from your biggest win yet.

O'Sullivan on the other hand could hardly pot a long ball for most of the match.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 Welsh Open

superb performance by Alexander
    going to have to wait till the Worlds probably for the 1000th

Leave a comment:

• Neil Taperell
    replied
    Never saw that result coming . Seem him practice a few times , as he is sponsored by the club I play at . But he has taken his game up a couple of notches to beat Ronnie . Well done Alexander .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X