X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vmax
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    it was Ronnie who told the referees not to go in front of him as he goes round the table, and now complians they that too long replacing balls
    Asked the ref's not to move when in front of him more like, watch Len Ganley during his five minute max. Now everyone has to play at Selby's pace which is why average shot times have increased and Selby doesn't look so slow, over to you Odrl

When the player is in the balls all the ref has to do is step back from the table adjacent to the black spot and keep still until the black has been potted. Then it's only two steps to the pocket and two steps back to the black spot and it can be done before the player has got down for the next red or even before the cue ball has stopped moving.
    The ref should be able to read the break as it happens and when position dictates up for pink or blue he/she should see that and stand accordingly.

It seems a ref is judged good or bad only on how fast they can walk behind the player and on repositioning balls after a foul and miss and not whether they keep up with the player at the table. Let's face it if you've potted a colour and are down for the next red you don't need the ref walking past you in order to stand behind you again, movement in your eyeline is a killer in this game, and how refs are expected to see very fine kisses on balls on or not on when so far away is beyond me.

I saw a ref the other week standing behind a player, pink and black left, when he had cue ball on the baulk cushion attempting a very fine snick on the pink which was just sticking out from behind the black on its spot, she must have been fifteen feet away and looking over the players head.

Maybe the players should have a little form to fill in after each match and tick boxes about the refs performance, even if that happened the 'did the ref keep you waiting' box wouldn't be on it I fear.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    it was Ronnie who told the referees not to go in front of him as he goes round the table, and now complians they that too long replacing balls
    Yeah, I remember that. I think with "some players moaned" it was already clear, who was clearly one of them

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 Welsh Open

table 3 Bond just made a 72 break in under 6mins - same man as yesterday who took 5 mins to decide whether he should use the half-butt or not for a shot 11+ft away?!?! we love this game called snooker

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    And so he can get away with cheating too ehh 😁

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 Welsh Open

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    I think there were some players that moaned about the referees being an irritation a few years back. So they got the new instruction to stand behind the players.
    They should of told the players to get another job

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    I think there were some players that moaned about the referees being an irritation a few years back. So they got the new instruction to stand behind the players.
    Page 8 deals with position on this ebsa guide from 2016. Gotta love the ATARI quality pictures on this guide, Lol. : )

http://www.ebsa.tv/wp-content/upload...onal_Guide.pdf

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
    Don't know what idiot told the refs to stand behind the play. It's only changed in the last few years so if it ain't broke, why change it?

Leave a comment:

• screw-back
    replied
    Originally Posted by vmax View Post
    You must be the only one, he's terrible!

Or stop the ref's from standing behind the player all the time so they can get a good look. And parallelly is not a word, in parallel is the correct term.
    Don't know what idiot told the refs to stand behind the play. It's only changed in the last few years so if it ain't broke, why change it?

Leave a comment:

• Zelig
    replied
    anyone find the record for longest BO7?
    McManus v Bond is still going on....

Edit just finished 14:45 ish
    Imagine a final, Peter Ebdon versus Martin O'Donnell, with clitching scoreboards, Best of 33. Would read about the winner on Wednesday's newspaper?

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    sweet max!
    My second live max
    Cheers Robbo!
    Wow, icing on the cake!
    My first live max was ROS when he won the tournament with the max against Ding.
    With that superb red to the green pocket back down to the black

The Robbo 140 was great as well. Unfortunately many people left as it was getting late so many missed the match.
    Last edited by DeanH; 13 February 2019, 01:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    sweet max!
    My second live max
    Cheers Robbo!
    Wow, icing on the cake!

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    sweet max!
    My second live max
    Cheers Robbo!
    Golden Dean, a 140 to follow! That is pure magic snooker. : )

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    140 to follow...?

Never in doubt.

Leave a comment:

• Cue crafty
    replied
    Bit sad when it almost seems an anti climax to a maxi. Fantastic break, very well executed, but the fist pump wasn't quite as convincing as one of mine when I've let out a massive ripper in the Dunny.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X