replied
    2019 Welsh Open

sweet max!
    My second live max
    Cheers Robbo!

Leave a comment:

• bobmikeking
    replied
    I thought he might have missed that brown for a second, great break.

Leave a comment:

• neuronic
    replied
    Made that look easy...

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    Nice max, Robbo! Well done. The twelve members of the crowd were delighted

Leave a comment:

• kehall
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    the stroke was not complete as the pink had not be been spotted corrected as well as the referee had not called the break, there are multiple factors that need to be completed before the stroke is complete and the player can do their next stroke.
    shame but them's the rules

Sec2.6 Stroke
    and
    Sec3.10 (b)(ii)
    Ok so the only reason it wasn't counted was that the referee had not called the score (despite the scorer seemingly add it - mind you that was probably just the TV scorer not the official one). If the referee had called the score before spotting the pink the stroke would ahve been complete leaving only the foul by Sec3.10(b)(ii), unless there's a separate rule book for referees to only call the score after respotting (which kind of makes sense anyway)

Good stuff!

Leave a comment:

• OmaMiesta
    replied
    lmao love when Ronnie plays like this, he gives no F*cks. Crazy how he still manages to pot everything while looking like he cant be bothered to play. That being said he looked like he was clearly protesting against something again

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by kehall View Post
    .....As far as I'm concerned, the ball was potted, a scoring stroke completed without foul and yes, he THEN played a foul by striking the red before the pink was effectively spotted but surely that is just 4 away as the red was ball on, and the pink should still be counted? ....
    Unfortunately you cannot make your own rules up ha ha ha

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 Welsh Open

the stroke was not complete as the pink had not be been spotted corrected as well as the referee had not called the break, there are multiple factors that need to be completed before the stroke is complete and the player can do their next stroke.
    shame but them's the rules

Sec2.6 Stroke
    and
    Sec3.10 (b)(ii)
    Last edited by DeanH; 12 February 2019, 06:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kehall
    replied
    In Ronnie's 'denied' century, despite the pink being potted and the balls at rest - the score for the pink would not have been counted until the pink is back on its spot, is that right?

As far as I'm concerned, the ball was potted, a scoring stroke completed without foul and yes, he THEN played a foul by striking the red before the pink was effectively spotted but surely that is just 4 away as the red was ball on, and the pink should still be counted?

Any rules experts that can point out the rule that says otherwise?

Leave a comment:

• the_unrepentant
    replied
    I've had a look through the thread so apologies if this has been asked and i missed it, why don't the advertising boards say "Home Nations Welsh Open"? There are just ManBetX adverts everywhere but this is part of the Home Nations now yes?

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    Yep been following on twitter and the live (but delayed ) score on WS website.

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    2019 Welsh Open

i can
    he has just won

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    Don't worry, there are many people in the seats watching his match.
    I can't see from where I'm sitting though

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by trying View Post
    Disappointed not to see any coverage of Jimmy White match
    Don't worry, there are many people in the seats watching his match.

Leave a comment:

• trying
    replied
    Disappointed not to see any coverage of Jimmy White match

Leave a comment:

Working...
X