No announcement yet.

Players Championship 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well this was great to watch! A new milestone in snooker history. Ronnie O'Sullivan playing a total clearance in a frantic venue but enjoying it and smiling! Everybody happy and the snooker experts full in awe. His nickname should be changed now, no longer the rocket but "The Legend".

Comment

• Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
      Yeah, he is not so good in the longer format.
      Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but five world titles and being second only to Hendry in terms of match wins and win % at the crucible says that he isn't particularly bad in the longer format!

https://cuetracker.net/statistics/ma...s/won/crucible

Comment

• Originally Posted by vilkrang View Post
        Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but five world titles and being second only to Hendry in terms of match wins and win % at the crucible says that he isn't particularly bad in the longer format!

https://cuetracker.net/statistics/ma...s/won/crucible
        Nah, not being sarcastic. He does not like the longer matches as much as per his interviews. Also, his last WC win was in 2013 if I remember correctly.

Comment

• Congratulations to O´Sullivan a great break to get to 1000 centuries and winning the trophy. It was obvious that it meant a lot to him.
          ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
          "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• Lol. Look at this. Wikipedia screwed up this page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_O'Sullivan

Apparently, ROS is an Aussie on that page.

Comment

• It's a nice achievement, but personally I think it gets way too much attention, precisely because so many players who are nowhere near as good as O'Sullivan in breakbuilding will have an easy time matching it in the coming years, with so much snooker to be played. 1000 is just a number that will probably be left way behind by O'Sullivan himself and by the players of the future, but the memory of O'Sullivan's brilliance will survive for a long time. :smile:[/QUOTE]

I agree on that. These days there are no focus when a player reaches 500 centuries. It nearly passes unnoted. In the past there were stories whenever Hendry raised the bar with 100 more.

Comment

• Originally Posted by CueAntW147 View Post
                I agree, its a poor show, he wouldn't like some of the Riley's snooker clubs i've played in though everything rolls off the spots no matter how hard you try !
                And O'Sullivan is right all the time? He was just being an a**e because he doesn't like the ref.

Comment

• Really good post match interview by Ronnie

Funny that Ronnie's three favourite fellow players seems to be all Not English, hell not even British (Neil, Ding and Lianweng)

Comment

• Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                    Well this was great to watch! A new milestone in snooker history. Ronnie O'Sullivan playing a total clearance in a frantic venue but enjoying it and smiling! Everybody happy and the snooker experts full in awe. His nickname should be changed now, no longer the rocket but "The Legend".
                    Well, if he's to get a new nickname, I suggest "The Centurion".

Comment

• Originally Posted by Vanwinkle View Post
                      Well, if he's to get a new nickname, I suggest "The Centurion".
                      nah, I vote for "millennial"!

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                        nah, I vote for "millennial"!

These are great names for a new JP limited cue...
                        JP, I want one for suggesting the idea (I'm not joking!)
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                          It's a nice achievement, but personally I think it gets way too much attention, precisely because so many players who are nowhere near as good as O'Sullivan in breakbuilding will have an easy time matching it in the coming years, with so much snooker to be played. 1000 is just a number that will probably be left way behind by O'Sullivan himself and by the players of the future, but the memory of O'Sullivan's brilliance will survive for a long time. :smile:
                          I agree on that. These days there are no focus when a player reaches 500 centuries. It nearly passes unnoted. In the past there were stories whenever Hendry raised the bar with 100 more.[/QUOTE]

To follow up upon this one. At the moment Ding has just got to 500, John Higgins stands at 749, Judd Trump at 599 and Bingham 400. Not much press on that.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Rane View Post
                            To follow up upon this one. At the moment Ding has just got to 500, John Higgins stands at 749, Judd Trump at 599 and Bingham 400. Not much press on that.
                            Those aren't newsworthy though - "man gets closer to milestone achieved by several others"isn't a headline, "man breaks record" is.

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                              Those aren't newsworthy though - "man gets closer to milestone achieved by several others"isn't a headline, "man breaks record" is.
                              Man sets record even more so, and he hasn't finished yet so the bar will be higher for those who follow.
                              Say 50 or so tons a year until he quits, while playing selectively and still competively so 1500 isn't out of the question.

I thought the audience were fantastic as he knocked in the ton in the last frame, showed him how much he's loved by the snooker public and he looked pretty choked about that. He probably thought that we didn't really care but he'll be missed when he goes and he knows that now.
                              For those who have met him and think they were dismissed, you're not his mate OK, he owes you nothing personally and you're supposed to admire what he does playing the game you love yourself, nothing more so don't intrude.

He's had a tough life, not on a financial level but on an emotional level and there's no need for hatred, save that for the politicians and the 1% who own you; divide and rule is as old as the roman empire, we need to be one and our working class heroes are precious few.
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                                Well only two have made it before Higgins and they are the greatest of all time. I think at least World Snooker could offer a line or two on it. John Higgins has made the 750 break today.

Comment

Working...
                                X