Players Championship 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    I missed it, why was the red by the cushion replaced if it didn't move?
    I feel badly for Terry Camilleri ... it's as if Paul Collier was watching a different channel on his screen.
    Chris from Canada

Comment

Players Championship 2019

yep, I was talking to the screen, why move the red?!
      strange
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Interesting they keep playing Prodigy songs, must be commemorating their music after the sad announcement today.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          yep, I was talking to the screen, why move the red?!
          strange
          I can't help thinking Ronnie just did that to see how much attention Terry had paid to the shot and position of the balls.
          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
            I can't help thinking Ronnie just did that to see how much attention Terry had paid to the shot and position of the balls.
            Just seen the replay, the ref starts to respot the red thinking it had moved. Reminds me of Michaela when she once picked the cue ball accidentally.

Comment

Ronnie's behavior was close to humilating the referee. I don't know why he did that. Was there any incident in the past between them or was Ronnie only in a bad mood? He lost the cue ball more often than usual but most of this happened after this long repositioning of the balls. Somehow I had the impression as if he hated this match.
              Barry Hawkins' long potting was awsome but he was too bad at the beginning of the match to have a chance of winning it.

Comment

It was a difficult shot that required a good amount of thought. The ref was far too quick to ask O'Sullivan to nominate which then gave him the hump and he then proceeded to act like a petulant child. It was pretty cringe to watch really and I suspect he'd be embarressed about it too if it wasn't for the brown nosers telling him how hilarious he is.

The ref was wrong to interupt when O'Sullivan was choosing his escape, and got it wrong when putting the balls back. But if the player isn't willing to assist the ref in re-positioning the balls then the ref should grow a pair and say 'that's as good as i can get them, take your shot or concede the frame'. That dragged on far too long and was just the latest example of officials pandering to the attention seeking brat

Comment

Very well observed and analized! :eagerness::eagerness::eagerness:
                  Last edited by herbie; 5 March 2019, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by herbie View Post
                    Ronnie's behavior was close to humilating the referee. I don't know why he did that. Was there any incident in the past between them or was Ronnie only in a bad mood? He lost the cue ball more often than usual but most of this happened after this long repositioning of the balls. Somehow I had the impression as if he hated this match.
                    Barry Hawkins' long potting was awsome but he was too bad at the beginning of the match to have a chance of winning it.
                    Both ROS and the ref did a fist bump on arrival into the arena... So I don't think there was any previous between them.
                    "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                    National Snooker Expo
                    25-27 October 2019
                    http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                      Both ROS and the ref did a fist bump on arrival into the arena... So I don't think there was any previous between them.
                      I was thinking that the fist pump was because there had been a bit of previous and Ronnie didn't want to shake his hand.

Comment

Just watched it again and the officials got it wrong.

1. The ref called for ROS to nominate a ball when he was only eyeing up a shot option. There is no way ROSwould have shot without calling a nominated ball IMO.

2. The officials even moved the red on the cushion when the cue ball went nowhere near it.

3. The player (ROS) was correct in appointing the referee to do his job. Like it or not the referee is a paid official. It's not for the player to do the referees job; if so, then what is the point of having a referee?

4. Next time the officials need to stay alert during match play.

Conclusion:
                        Who'd be a referee?
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

I also noted later in the match when Barry was at the table and needed extns on the extended rest and his cues extn, that the referee reminded him (Barry) that he needed to pass him the rest! Given that Barry had to dismantle everything this request seemed a little bit early yet again and I think Barry's face notes this. (Almost looks like he thinks "give me a chance will you!!)

Anyone else get a view on that one?
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                            Genius' are loved and misunderstood...
                            Who doesn't love Ronnie eh?
                            I don't - big headed ****

Comment

Originally Posted by screw-back View Post
                              I don't - big headed ****
                              I love watching him play when he's on form. I also avoid seeing him interviewed. Arguably the most talented player to ever chalk a cue, but undeniably a mardy-arsed brat at times!

That said, in this instance, the combination of Terry Camilleri asking ROS to declare far too soon, and Paul Collier telling Terry to reposition the red on the top rail, then the two of them putting the white in the wrong spot would annoy most players, and ROS could have handled it better, but I don't think he was out of line, this time.
                              Chris from Canada

Comment

Paul didn't look to be in it. Even Stephen Hendry said, there was an issue from the side of the officials.

Comment

Working...
                                X