No announcement yet.

Coral tour chanpionchip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It does feel like Trump has the beating of Ronnie these days. I've always felt like he scares ROS a bit.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
      It does feel like Trump has the beating of Ronnie these days. I've always felt like he scares ROS a bit.
      Yeah, I think for a while Selby was the only player that Ronnie feared but Judd seems to have replaced him. Judd is playing well enough but Ronnie seems a bit rabbit in the headlights especially compared to how he played against Robertson and in the first session against Bingham yesterday (second session was scrappy but not really his fault).

Think we might have another hammering on our hands here.

Comment

It's all on the run of the balls, they both attack but judd gets away with more than most, that's why he could dominate this match, but still early days

Comment

Pleased to see Judd playing so well, he is now a very good all round player, and as an added bonus he's kicking Ronnie into touch here

Comment

Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
            It's all on the run of the balls, they both attack but judd gets away with more than most, that's why he could dominate this match, but still early days
            Agree about the openess, not so much about run. If Judd wins today, he's beaten Ronnie in the Masters and Northen Irish finals, and a big semi-final this season. Only the least impartial Ronnie fan could deny that Judd has him sussed out.

Comment

Match over now

Comment

Judd will be the first finalist, it seems.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                  Agree about the openess, not so much about run. If Judd wins today, he's beaten Ronnie in the Masters and Northen Irish finals, and a big semi-final this season. Only the least impartial Ronnie fan could deny that Judd has him sussed out.
                  Yeah and it's not even been close in the past two matches. You can perhaps blame a good run of the ball in close matches but not when someone is annihilated like this.

Don't think there's ever been a player so dominant against Ronnie, he has winning records against just about everyone else but will have a losing head to head against Trump after this match (unless Trump loses his head which I can't see happening these days).

Comment

With the way Judd's playing lately, it would be missed opportunity if he doesn't win the World title this season. He's got the game now and probably the most hunger of all the younger players.

Comment

I thought the last 2 matches were 10 4 and 9-7?

Comment

Originally Posted by stephenm2682 View Post
                        I thought the last 2 matches were 10 4 and 9-7?
                        I meant the Masters and this match.

Comment

I've heard (I think on here, actually) that Trump regularly used to smash ROS in practice matches before the latter moved away. There was even a tweet from one of Trump's friends about it IIRC. I remember thinking Trump used to have Ronnie's number around 2012, but he went on to have a few tough losses (WC semi final, COC final, UK final) and for a while there Ronnie turned it around but lately it seems like Trump has gotten over those losses and is now the dominant of the two.

Comment

Originally Posted by cantpotforshĂ­te View Post
                            I thought that was an excellent analogy.
                            Hendry was priceless in commentary ... said nothing for about ten minutes and then, absolutely deadpan: 'So what's your favourite food, Phil?'
                            Well thank you

And I missed that comment from Hendry :biggrin-new:
                            "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                              I dunno about sussed out - what is there to suss out? If Ronnie's long game is on form he's nigh-on unstoppable; without it he's very very good. Judd's entire game seems to hinge around his long pots - I guess if his alignment's right he has the control he needs, but if it's a little off he can look amateurish. But if you keep getting in and clearing the table every time you get chance, it's you playing superbly rather than the other playing feeling beaten.

Comment

I think Judd has learnt how to avoid giving away frames. His safety is pretty decent, and he isn't getting frustrated and lashing at stupid shots, giving away frames cheaply. I really don't think Judd is just about long pots, he seems quite calm and measured, and is forcing a lot of mistakes from opponents.

Its easy to say that when Ronnie's long game is on he's unstoppable, but to forget why that's the case. He misses when he's out of rhythm, and he misses when he's under pressure. Judd seems to be able to highlight these weaknesses. So yes, I think he's got him sussed

Comment

Working...
                                X