China Open 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Having to miss out on this one cos Quest aren't covering it, but I'd be interested to know if they've managed to break the one dozen mark for crowd attendance.
    I dont understand why they can't lower the prices a bit. It looks so bad.

Originally Posted by Railfan87 View Post
    And that's all for Ding. He just didn't seem focused today.
    I do worry about Ding tbh. We're approaching ten years since he won the UK, 8 for the Masters and obviously no WC.

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
      I dont understand why they can't lower the prices a bit. It looks so bad.
      How long does it take them to get the message? Maybe snooker in China has to be on its deathbed before they do something positive.
      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

This tournament is for the Chinese audience. I am sure every with the big name exits that there are plenty of viewers both at the venue and on Chinese TV to make this tournament more than lucrative

The western audience is secondary

Having said that, we are getting it live for the first time here in Australia on eurosport

Comment

Originally Posted by peterpackage View Post
          This tournament is for the Chinese audience. I am sure every with the big name exits that there are plenty of viewers both at the venue and on Chinese TV to make this tournament more than lucrative
          Maybe on Chinese TV, but at the venue... well, that'd be a first.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

So... losing to Craig Steadmann, might this be the last we seen of Dominic Dale on the tour...?
            Last edited by neuronic; 3 April 2019, 10:58 AM.
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Originally Posted by neuronic View Post
              So... loosing to Craig Steadmann, might this be the last we seen of Dominic Dale on the tour...?
              He's still in with a chance of a Tour Card for next season based on current season points. Top 8 not already qualified get a tour card. Dom is sitting 7th. Mite be up to Dom if he fancies another season.b

Comment

very possibly...
                he is just off the 1year list so a Last 80 could be enough to gain a place via that listing.
                A Last 32 could be enough to jump the 2-year ranking.

Of course there are others all in the same situation
                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I really hope he somehow stays around, maybe joining the BBC commentators squad... he's such a character
                  Last edited by neuronic; 3 April 2019, 11:31 AM.
                  "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Early days but I think that Neil will win this title.

Comment

well done Bingham on a not-too easy maximum with three reds up the beyond the blue
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Great maxi!

Comment

The top 16 are pretty much through to the Crucible. Gilbert is 16th and the only way he doesn't make it is if one of the following win the tournament.

Anthony McGill, Lu Hoatian, Li Hang, Ricky Walden, Liang Wenbo, Hossein Vafaei, Ben Woollaston, Scott Donaldson, or Alan McManus.

So if we assume each of the 16 players left is equally likely to win, Gilbert has a 7/16 chance of making it. Realistically, Robertson, Bingham, or Lisowski are more likely to win than anybody on that list, so I'd give Gilbert a 70-80% chance of making it.

Comment

I suggest everyone watch Wenbo's decider, the sequence of pots he made was just sick often with unlucky run of the balls. One of the best frames I've seen this season.

Comment

Am I going to be able to select english commentary if I subscribe to ES player from the italian subscription?

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
                                I suggest everyone watch Wenbo's decider, the sequence of pots he made was just sick often with unlucky run of the balls. One of the best frames I've seen this season.
                                Can't stand the use of this word ………...and you want English commentary !
                                Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
                                X