China Open 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    Down to the last 12 and Li Hang is the last Chinese player left. I wonder if the TV ratings take a hit over there when a match doesn't feature a local player or it's more about the big names. It doesn't seem to matter either way as far as attendance at the venue. I can only assume that the ticket prices just aren't affordable to most of the fans.
    I'm pretty sure it already has taken a hit from the big names dropping out early. I don't feel the other chinese players other than Ding has a draw there.

Comment

Neil just commentated that people on social media are saying Li Hang fouled early - when play from very close to the pack of reds.
      I must admit I also thought I saw a red coming back and hitting the tip of his cue, but when I rewound it the tip was above the red but from the camera angle it looked like the red hit the tip but actually went underneath the cue.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

The main feeds will be in Italian. You used to be able to log into the British site using a VPN, but now that's impossible. The good news is that they've recently had alternate feeds in English available. You have to scroll to the right when looking at what's playing at any given time. Sometimes they even have the BBC feed available during the tournaments that they cover. At least that's how things are here in Poland.
        Cheers.

Would you say everybody should watch Junhui's decider? No? then why in the hell would sat Wenbo's decider? Why is that so freaking difficult for everybody?
        Don't think it's such a big deal, we obviously know who we are referring to, italian commentators used to call him Wenbo during commentary hence the habit.

Comment

Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
          Don't think it's such a big deal, we obviously know who we are referring to, italian commentators used to call him Wenbo during commentary hence the habit.
          I apologize. For some reason the inconsistency in the way that Asian names are stated by commentators and fans really annoys me.

I think it started with the Chinese figure skater many years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chen_Lu_(figure_skater)

On one channel it was Chen Lu and on another channel it was Lu Chen. After a while I couldn't even remember which was her actual surname. Even now I'm watching the world curling championships and the international feed gives the surname first, while the Canadian commentators (annoyingly) insist on saying the surname last. Pick one or the other and go with it. Same with Ding and Liang. Why does everybody call them Ding and Wenbo? It makes no sense.

I guess I just need to stop sweating the little things. lol

Comment

Great result for Alan McManus . Slow shot times , McGill at 36 secs and McManus at 30.
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
              Great result for Alan McManus . Slow shot times , McGill at 36 secs and McManus at 30.
              McManus vs Brecel should be fascinating. I hope they show that on the main channel instead of the Robertson match.

McManus, Woollaston, or Donaldson make the Crucible if they win the tournament. Otherwise Dave Gilbert will be the 16th seed.

Comment

McGill extended his Maximus cue recently. Maybe, that's why he is not playing like before, the feel of the cue obviously changed.

Comment

Trump and lines cues both lost on flight back from China. Major worry if they don't show up ahead of world champs. in

Comment

for sure? how did you find that out?

Comment

Originally Posted by plague1973 View Post
                      for sure? how did you find that out?
                      Oli lines put it up on his twitter account yesterday that the cues went missing

Comment

Happened before to Trump back in Nov17 after the Shanghai Masters, cue was missing for 2 days and found in Heathrow
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Great performance by Brecel. McManus was completely outclassed. If he plays that well against Robertson it will be a great match. That moves Brecel into 17th place on the yearly list, with another guaranteed 20,000 points for a first round Crucible appearance. So he's turned a bad season into a decent one with a chance for much more this weekend and at the WC.

Comment

Another whitewash for Robbo......he will be fresh for the Worlds at this rate !

Comment

Great performance by Brecel. McManus was completely outclassed. If he plays that well against Robertson it will be a great match. That moves Brecel into 17th place on the yearly list, with another guaranteed 20,000 points for a first round Crucible appearance. So he's turned a bad season into a decent one with a chance for much more this weekend and at the WC.
                              Does he need to win this Tournament to get into the top 16 ?

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                                Does he need to win this Tournament to get into the top 16 ?
                                Don't think so. Already in top 16 for Crucible purposes. If he were to lose in R1 I suppose it all depends on what those around him are doing. Think it's unlikely everyone behind him will have great Crucible runs.

Comment

Working...
                                X