China Open 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
    If I am not mistaken, this was the case in some other recent tourney in China as well.
    It seems to be the case at virtually all of the tournaments outside of the UK and Germany. Luckily TV ratings in China are very good and the sponsorship money is there to have these tournaments with very good prize pools.

Comment

Now they've got a flashy light show going on before they introduce the players for the next set of matches. From the view they are showing I can't see a single spectator. An eerie silence as the players are introduced and walk to their tables.

Comment

Does really need to be addressed by WS . I am sure Mr Hearn is aware of it .

They must be able to reduce the cost of the seats . Surely some money coming in , is better than no money .
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Live stream here http://cricsports.sx/eurosport-1-live-stream, but can't seam to get any sound or commentary, if you find anymore free live streams please feel free to share them Thanks
          Ronnie O' Sullivan seven times the record breaking Snooker Master

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            What a brilliant result for Craig Steadman , has a decent chance against Dominic Dale in the next round . Would think that it will be a close match though .
            And performance, although I could smell him ****ting himself through the tv lol.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
              And performance, although I could smell him ****ting himself through the tv lol.
              That's one hell of an HD TV you've got!
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

It's UHD

He did well hitting a few of those snookers and finishing it off.

Comment

With Selby gone, Trump, Robertson and (I wish) Ding must all be looking at this and thinking there is a chance for them to score enough points to replace someone provisionally placed in the top half of the WC draw. At the moment they're all the bottom half along with Ronnie. It's worth remembering that if you ignore qualifiers and assume the top 16 all win R1 (which you can't, I know), so far it's;

Mark Williams (1) v Dave Gilbert (16)
                  Kyren Wilson (8) v Barry Hawkins (9)
                  Mark Allen (5) v Stuart Bingham (12)
                  John Higgins (4) v Luca Brecel (13)

Mark Selby (3) v Stephen Maguire (14)
                  Judd Trump (6) v Shaun Murphy (11)
                  Neil Robertson (7) v Ding Junhui (10)
                  Ronnie O’Sullivan (2) v Jack Lisowski (15)

As things stand, the top half guys won't believe their luck!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                    With Selby gone, Trump, Robertson and (I wish) Ding must all be looking at this and thinking there is a chance for them to score enough points to replace someone provisionally placed in the top half of the WC draw. At the moment they're all the bottom half along with Ronnie. It's worth remembering that if you ignore qualifiers and assume the top 16 all win R1 (which you can't, I know), so far it's;

Mark Williams (1) v Dave Gilbert (16)
                    Kyren Wilson (8) v Barry Hawkins (9)
                    Mark Allen (5) v Stuart Bingham (12)
                    John Higgins (4) v Luca Brecel (13)

Mark Selby (3) v Stephen Maguire (14)
                    Judd Trump (6) v Shaun Murphy (11)
                    Neil Robertson (7) v Ding Junhui (10)
                    Ronnie O’Sullivan (2) v Jack Lisowski (15)

As things stand, the top half guys won't believe their luck!
                    Top half doesn't look easy to me!

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                      Top half doesn't look easy to me!
                      Of course not easy, but if we assume ROS-Trum-Robertson are the 3 faves with Selby in there as well, it looks the harder of the two IMO.

Comment

Nice break (135 I think) by RWilliams to go 3-0 from Trump
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                          Of course not easy, but if we assume ROS-Trum-Robertson are the 3 faves with Selby in there as well, it looks the harder of the two IMO.
                          In theory Robertson and\or Trump (currently 0-3 down) will be Allen and Murphy will drop at least one if Bingham wins his next match, ditto Ding over Hawkins who has lost.

Comment

I doubt anyone top 16 is bothered about top or bottom half. They all want to win it, so they need to beat the best. I'd imagine many would like to play someone like Ronnie early doors when he's finding his way, rather than in the latter stages. Also, so many years 5,6 or even 7 seeded players go out, so most are probably just focused on getting passed round one and seeing what happens.

Comment

Trump, Williams, Day and Perry all on the ropes.

Comment

Mark Williams out by a cracking performance by Ken Doherty
                                Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                                X