• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
    He's his ex-wife's sister's son.
    Looks like Norman Bates

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Interesting to see that Carter said that he thought that Jimmy wasn't getting through the ball . With this in mind , I would like to see him play a bit carefree .
      He's been dropping the upper arm into the stroke for many years now, in his prime he was like Trump, elbow high on the follow through. He says he's never been coached but his technique has changed a lot, for the worse IMO.
      Hendry was the same and called it a day, far too soon I think as it doesn't take a lot to keep the elbow high, especially when it's your natural technique, but if you think you're not getting through the cue ball that upper arm drop can creep into your game and it's a killer when the pressure's on because it's allied to body movement and looking to the pocket.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
        He's been dropping the upper arm into the stroke for many years now, in his prime he was like Trump, elbow high on the follow through. He says he's never been coached but his technique has changed a lot, for the worse IMO.
        Hendry was the same and called it a day, far too soon I think as it doesn't take a lot to keep the elbow high, especially when it's your natural technique, but if you think you're not getting through the cue ball that upper arm drop can creep into your game and it's a killer when the pressure's on because it's allied to body movement and looking to the pocket.
        White has definitely been coached, he was with Del Hill and others for a good while. Though it's only relatively recently that he started doing that, early\mid 2000's.

Comment

• Neal Foulds watching the 16th frame of an 8-7 match.

"This feels like an important frame"

No sh*t Sherlock. At 8-8 it's a 50/50 match and at 9-7 the player ahead (assuming equal ability) has a 87.5% chance of winning.

Comment

• Matthew Stevens playing well

Comment

• Donaldson completely lost his mind. ROLL THE FREAKING BALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                He's had Alan Bell as technical coach on two occasions as well, as the second stint was the first I'd heard of Bell, who was...eccentric.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  Donaldson completely lost his mind. ROLL THE FREAKING BALL IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Not having much fun now by the look of it.

Comment

• What a battler Lu Ning is

Comment

• Originally Posted by gavpowell View Post
                      He's had Alan Bell as technical coach on two occasions as well, as the second stint was the first I'd heard of Bell, who was...eccentric.
                      I don't think coaching really helps natural players for the most part, it helped o'sullivan who cues differently these days than he used to. White and Hendry had vaguely similar flowing cue actions which altered as soon as they started getting coached. They are both players who for a large chunk of time never got coached, they only really started to around the very late 90's for Hendry and early\mid 2000's for White.

Comment

• It was blue first!

Comment

• Judgement Day Predictions

JimMalone - 12-4
                          Stony152 - 12-4
                          Mark187187 - 9-7

Comment

• So for those who haven't seen it, the draw:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_W...ship#Main_draw

Comment

• I've just had a little interest bet on Xintong at 250/1 , all dependant on him beating Dr Death in the 1st round and then Ronnie in the semi
                              Last edited by Neil Taperell; 18 April 2019, 10:50 AM.
                              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Good luck to all the players. Some tough 1st round matches to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X