No announcement yet.

2019 World championship qualifiers and draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do they just have a wide angle shot of all of the tables on both feeds? This afternoon they were actually showing two tables with at least a couple of cameras on each. Strange.

Comment

Finally. Holt and Sargeant being shown.

Comment

Session started at 7.30 uk time....

Comment

2019 World championship qualifiers and draw

I thought it was just my phone!
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
            Why do they just have a wide angle shot of all of the tables on both feeds? This afternoon they were actually showing two tables with at least a couple of cameras on each. Strange.
            There are three cameras on each table, one high level and one on each corner of the dividers of the cubicle.
            Whether there is someone backstage flicker the switches or it is auto, I don't know

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
              There are three cameras on each table, one high level and one on each corner of the dividers of the cubicle.
              Whether there is someone backstage flicker the switches or it is auto, I don't know
              If they can afford to have 30+ cameras in the venue, why can't they pay a commentator(s) for all three rounds and not just the last one? The 3rd round all table coverage has been great in the last couple of years and there's no reason they can't do it for all three rounds. Or at least show coverage from another table if one of the feature table ends up 10-0 like happened today.

Comment

So the Commentator speaks Chinese? Russian? Without one the same feed can be shown everywhere....

I can only assume that Eurosport only have the Rights to those 2 tables and others have other tables as someone was watching Hamilton yesterday...

Comment

Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
                  If they can afford to have 30+ cameras in the venue, why can't they pay a commentator(s) for all three rounds and not just the last one? The 3rd round all table coverage has been great in the last couple of years and there's no reason they can't do it for all three rounds. Or at least show coverage from another table if one of the feature table ends up 10-0 like happened today.
                  I am sure 4 commentators (in pairs and shifts) cost a lot more than the little remote cameras, that probably two operators handle
                  But yes I would not mind a bit of commentary for these rounds

Comment

I'm available and have my catchphrases ready "I bet he couldn't do that again" and "Whoops"

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      I am sure 4 commentators (in pairs and shifts) cost a lot more than the little remote cameras, that probably two operators handle
                      But yes I would not mind a bit of commentary for these rounds
                      You don't need to hire any of the regular Eurosport commentators. I'm sure there are some amateur or retired players who would do it for a nominal fee. You just need one commentator at a time. If I remember correctly, Neal Foulds handled "Judgement Day" last year pretty much by himself. I think the cost would be inconsequential for a company as big as Eurosport.

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                        So the Commentator speaks Chinese? Russian? Without one the same feed can be shown everywhere....

I can only assume that Eurosport only have the Rights to those 2 tables and others have other tables as someone was watching Hamilton yesterday...
                        I don't think the interest is high enough in the qualifying to worry about having it in different languages. English would be fine. I can't believe that there are rights to different tables. Eurosport will show all of the tables in the last qualifying round, so there's no reason why they couldn't switch to another table once the feature tables are done. It's probably something that just isn't important enough for them. I'd imagine the viewing figures aren't exactly in the tens of thousands. They do it more as a bonus for Eurosport Player subscribers.

Comment

So Jimmy White is playing both WC qualifiers and Seniors Finals..?
                          That's some stamina!
                          Hope WS can prevent his matches to collide LMBO!!
                          "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                          National Snooker Expo
                          25-27 October 2019
                          http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                            That's some stamina!
                            Hope WS can prevent his matches to collide LMBO!!
                            Rokit Seniors today then WC tomorrow afternoon

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                              And so does Ken Doherty too.

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
                                Rokit Seniors today then WC tomorrow afternoon
                                That was kinda my point... A 'lucky' draw
                                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                                National Snooker Expo
                                25-27 October 2019
                                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Working...
                                X