2019 World championship qualifiers and draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 World championship qualifiers and draw

I was saying to a friend the other day, imagine the roar if he walked out to play at the Crucible next week....
    he has already had two year tour invitational ticket since the 40th anniversary in 2017.
    will he be offered another? wattana has had a few.
    will he do Q-school - doubtful

we can only wait. ..
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I love Jimmy but I didn't honestly approve of his wildcard last time and he's proven again he's simply not good enough. Perhaps having to earn his way back would finally see him knuckle down and stop trying to juggle a dozen off-the-table appearances, but I suspect not and he's nowhere at all.

Comment

• There needs to be a dignified way for him to step down and bow out gracefully. In golf many greats like Arnold Palmer for one, choose to say there goodbyes at St Andrews and wave goodbye to their fans and oro career on the Swilken burn bridge .

It's always an iconic moment and marks a great career.

I don't want to see him play on the main circuit anymore. He can still do well in seniors events and continue to compete that way.

Maybe if he could do something like Davis did. That would be a fitting moment.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• now, if only there was a large well attended event not too far away that maybe he could walk round in front of the cameras and audience?
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            now, if only there was a large well attended event not too far away that maybe he could walk round in front of the cameras and audience?
            Fingers crossed Dean, he would leave in style. : )

10 - 4 against Ali was a decent effort to finish on. He was still fighting!
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

• Give him another 2 years , as they did for Wattana .

He still practices , and when I see him at the Club I am amazed at the difference in him to when he plays in Tournaments .

For some reason he appears to put far too much pressure on himself . No idea why , as he has nothing to prove in the game .

Interesting to see that Carter said that he thought that Jimmy wasn't getting through the ball . With this in mind , I would like to see him play a bit carefree .
              Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• I'm on the side, who thinks they shouldn't give Jimmy another tour card. He already had one and that's fine, but now he really needs to call it a day and I think it's not fair against other players.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                  Give him another 2 years , as they did for Wattana .

He still practices , and when I see him at the Club I am amazed at the difference in him to when he plays in Tournaments .

For some reason he appears to put far too much pressure on himself . No idea why , as he has nothing to prove in the game .

Interesting to see that Carter said that he thought that Jimmy wasn't getting through the ball . With this in mind , I would like to see him play a bit carefree .
                  Quite agree. I love Jimmy. I grew up watching him play and I would never have started to play if it wasn't for him so for that I owe him enormous thanks. I'm not a huge fan of the circus that the main tour seems to have become. If Jimmy still wants to play on the main tour then fine though I wonder whether perhaps he might enjoy snooker life more and find it more relaxing and enjoyable playing the legends / seniors / and exhibitions. To be honest snooker would be far poorer without him. I certainly find the negative comments about him and not deserving another invitational tour card (a la Wattana) to be sad and disrespectful but sadly no surprise these days.
                  Last edited by trying; 17 April 2019, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• Could be a last frame decider or two this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
                      I'm on the side, who thinks they shouldn't give Jimmy another tour card. He already had one and that's fine, but now he really needs to call it a day and I think it's not fair against other players.
                      I agree. Tour cards must be based purely on merit. Jimmy is a class act, he could play on the seniors tour I think.

Comment

• Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                        Give him another 2 years , as they did for Wattana .

Club play is never the same as tournament play though. It's like trying to bring your practice game into a match, doesn't happen for 99.9% of people.

Even if he somehow managed to scrape and claw his way through to the crucible he's be out as soon as the tv stages started, he's already said he gets even more nervous in front of the cameras as he's not in front of them much these days.

Personally i think he needs to call it a day, his time is long gone and he blew all his chances due to drink\drugs\crap preparation for the tournament. If he had the mindset he has these days when he was in his early 30's there's no doubt he would have won it. But back then it was all about living large, blowing large sums of money, being on the slosh even during matches etc. One of his defeats i think it was 94 he said something like he blew all the money in a week on gambling, over 100k.

There's one part in that life story video he said he used to have half a beer in several locations around the Crucible, so when it came match time he already had a few pints in him.

It honestly gets embarrassing watching him trying to compete with players these days, he has the odd good flurry where he might string some breaks together but its usually a fart in the wind at best and he generally ends up on the end of a pumping. I'd love to see him have one last run getting to the Crucible and putting on a good showing but that's just not gonna happen as his match game just exists in small spurts at best.

Comment

• Nail biting times for us Georgiou fans . Nip and tuck this match .
                          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

• Un-Nooh is the first player to get through, beating O'Connor 10-6. It will be his second crucible appearance after his debut last year.

Comment

• Well done Un-Nooh, good luck.

Comment

• McGill is turning the tables!

Comment

Working...
                                X