2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by daffie View Post
    Unbelievable session of snooker from Judd. Can't remember seeing a session of snooker like that...just phenomenal.
    Actually the last session against Ding was that good, too... wouldn't have thought he'd play a session like this in the final though
    "That pocket moved!"

Comment

• Honestly incredible from Judd as every one has said.

I'd never think I'd be amazed by his focus in a match but tonight's display was something else. Slowing down while the frame still matters and weighing up the options of every shot. If he plays with that determination tomorrow we'll be done with a session to spare.

Could genuinely see him going on to dominate the game at this rate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        here's hoping for a classic come back tomorrow
        Hope not

Comment

• Doesn’t get much better than that! What a session from JT. Don’t think he missed a meaningful ball all night.

Comment

• Great to see Trump dominating that fraud tonight , hope he wins 2morro afternoon with a session to spare and send his big fat sorry arse back to scotland !

Comment

• Is it possible to buy advance tickets for the 4th session and if so would you get a refund if the match finished with a session to spare? Or are the tickets only paid for by the day?

John hasn't done much wrong but he has missed a few pots by a big margin and is now showing the signs of being under stress. When Judd is in his seat he's sitting upright and paying full attention to the table. In a way I'll be glad when John has retired and becomes a pundit because I'm sure the BBC will bring him in to the fold and I think he would be good in the commentary box. Hendry and McManus will probably demand it and I like the Scottish lilt.
              www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Okay, the match now has the potential to be a lot more one sided than I'd hoped, but I enjoyed the second session almost as much as the first one, for different reasons obviously. It was probably the most determined and concentrated session Trump has ever played, and the ridiculous potting was back as well, so he would have been incredibly difficult to play against even for a stronger version of Higgins. In fact, Higgins looked like he would have a good session himself with the way he started, but he just got worse and worse over the course of the evening as Trump put the pressure on. It was actually quite similar to what Higgins did himself in the second session of the finals against Selby and Murphy in 2007 and 2009 respectively.

I was surprised by how quickly the three pundits on Eurosport agreed the match was virtually over though... Have they learned nothing from last year when Higgins was also seven frames behind at 14-7? Or the year before when Selby was six frames behind and even won with three frames to spare in the end. It's simply too early to call it over no matter which players are involved, but especially with this pairing and all of Higgins' previous comebacks against Trump. Things could still happen.

That said, I do hope Trump continues to play as well as he did tonight, which would surely be enough to take the title. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                  Great to see Trump dominating that fraud tonight , hope he wins 2morro afternoon with a session to spare and send his big fat sorry arse back to scotland !
                  You would have more credibility if you didn't use words like "2morro" and haven't you been a member for long enough to call a player fat. It's trolling territory. Do you really hate John Higgins that much? You call him a fraud but there was no conviction of fraud. Stick to the facts and learn to live and let live. The guy is one of the nicest players in the game so if you're a true fan of Snooker you would be more reasonable about it.
                  www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                    Is it possible to buy advance tickets for the 4th session and if so would you get a refund if the match finished with a session to spare? Or are the tickets only paid for by the day?

John hasn't done much wrong but he has missed a few pots by a big margin and is now showing the signs of being under stress. When Judd is in his seat he's sitting upright and paying full attention to the table. In a way I'll be glad when John has retired and becomes a pundit because I'm sure the BBC will bring him in to the fold and I think he would be good in the commentary box. Hendry and McManus will probably demand it and I like the Scottish lilt.
                    https://www.cruciblesnooker.com/term...onditions.html

Yes you buy tickets in advance. If the session is cancelled or last less than 4 frames/2hours alternative entertainment is provided (BBC pundits exhibition match presumably)

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                      Is it possible to buy advance tickets for the 4th session and if so would you get a refund if the match finished with a session to spare? Or are the tickets only paid for by the day?

Don't think he's gone to require for quite a while to be honest. He can still spar with the best of them and has recently started putting a more focused practice approach.

Think he could seriously threaten Jimmy's record 5 defeats in a row at this rate.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                        Great to see Trump dominating that fraud tonight , hope he wins 2morro afternoon with a session to spare and send his big fat sorry arse back to scotland !
                        Yawn. I didn't realise this forum was fine with trolling.

Comment

• 12-5 down... I want it to go all the way, but I just can't see it happening now

Has J.Higgins made a similar 7-frame deficit comeback against Judd before?
                          Favourite players: Kirk Stevens, Stephen Hendry, John Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Ding Junhui

Comment

• Can Judd continue to pot so well? Can John regain some confidence? He missed a fair few balls you'd normally put your house on him to get. Crucible pressure, wonderful stuff. :smile:

-
                            The fast and the furious,
                            The slow and labourious,
                            All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Originally Posted by Ronnington View Post
                              12-5 down... I want it to go all the way, but I just can't see it happening now

Has J.Higgins made a similar 7-frame deficit comeback against Judd before?
                              No. He came back from 5-0 and 7-2 in the 2012 Shanghai Masters final to win 10-9, and from 7-3 down in last years WC quarter final to win 13-12. Judd went 3 up in the WC final in 2011 and went on to lose. Outside of the long format of the WC there aren't really many chances (aside from best of 19 finals) to get a 7 frame lead and lose it.

Comment

• I'm a similar age to John and I wouldn't consider myself old but certainly not a spring chicken anymore and fatigue becomes a factor. John looked bright eyed and bushy tailed this afternoon but soon started to look tired and dejected. Judd isn't really a young gun himself but he still has over a decade gap and it looks like that is helping. I admire him for the way he's playing because he hasn't taken risks and has potted some incredible balls. That thin red to the top right corner over halfway across the table was a turning point. I hope John can end Judds run to make sure there is a final session. I don't remember a final session of the WC ending at the 3rd session but I remember a few that were over after 2 or 3 frames in the evening session.
                                Last edited by MrRottweiler; 5 May 2019, 11:04 PM.
                                www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                                X