2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Maverick007 View Post
    Out of interest, which shot won BBC shot of the championship?
    Was it Gary Wilson's snooker?
    Yes it was. A great shot anyway.
    ....its not called potting its called snooker. Quote: WildJONESEYE
    "Its called snooker not potting" Quote: Rory McLeod

Comment

• In Spain the only news that commented something about this championship is this:

https://as.com/masdeporte/2019/05/06...85_657391.html

When Higgins fell aslept in his quarter-final match against Robertson

This is the level of media in Spain when talks about one sport that is not football

Comment

• Originally Posted by Maverick007 View Post
        Out of interest, which shot won BBC shot of the championship?
        Was it Gary Wilson's snooker?
        I hope so as it was superb
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by cesard View Post
          In Spain the only news that commented something about this championship is this:

https://as.com/masdeporte/2019/05/06...85_657391.html

When Higgins fell aslept in his quarter-final match against Robertson

This is the level of media in Spain when talks about one sport that is not football
          Ha ha ha, he wasn't asleep tho, wasn't he just looking up at the screen/stretching his neck ?

Comment

• Well done to Judd he played amazing and the standard in the final was the best ive seen for along time.

Comment

• Bitterly disappointing, can't personally stand Judd or his arrogant attitude which he displayed to the full in his interview, not impressed with his smug brother either. Hopefully some of the other players will take him down a peg or two next season. All the best to John.

Comment

• Well done Judd. Great performance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by sthelenssnooker1985 View Post
                  Bitterly disappointing, can't personally stand Judd or his arrogant attitude which he displayed to the full in his interview, not impressed with his smug brother either. Hopefully some of the other players will take him down a peg or two next season. All the best to John.
                  You must of watched a different interview then, where was he being arrogant ?

Comment

Bitterly disappointing, can't personally stand Judd or his arrogant attitude which he displayed to the full in his interview, not impressed with his smug brother either. Hopefully some of the other players will take him down a peg or two next season. All the best to John.
                    Hehe heeeee!!!! Bite me!!

Judd for PM! :biggrin-new:
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

He did what every winner should do, congratulated his opponent and acknowledged he played well. He could have been a bit less direct about it but it wasn't that arrogant. I swear Judd haters are just looking for reasons to hate him now. I've never been his greatest fan but he's hardly going to come out beating John Higgins comfortably and give the "l was lucky" stuff you get when it goes close. He's just achieved a lifelong ambition, cut him a break.

Comment

• If anything I thought his interview was a bit limp - never saw any arrogance.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bonoman1970 View Post
                          he got caught up in it because he was greedy for money even tho he was a millionaire anyway , he wasnt banned because Barry Hearn had just took over world snooker and they couldnt have the world no 1 at that time banned for corruption even tho to everyone else outside the Wsa he was guilty as sin to agreeing to fix matches for money , he thought it was a legitimate cheat /fraud to earn another £300 thousand , he was banned for a few months in the summer when at the time there were no tournaments anyway , he agreed to throw frames on camera , doesnt matter who filmed him , he agreed to throw money on camera and then came up with the bull**** that he was being threathend by russian maffia , whilst talking about how he would conceal money in his spanish property, he got away with it , should have been banned for life , hope Trump kicks his arse
                          Agree with all you've said, hate Higgins the cheat with a passion. Not a huge Trump fan, but i'll take whoever plays John for the win!

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerball View Post
                            I meant never met in another final aside from Ronnie's first win. They're completely different players now.

(And I wasn't old enough to be watching snooker when they did meet, so selfishly I'd like to see them meet again)
                            I remember Ronnie's first WC win and when they shook hands at the end. I can't remember the exact words John Higgins said in Ronnie's ear but it was something along the lines of "Congratulations to your mum and dad". John and Ronnie were good friends and their parents knew each other so John was saying he knows Ronnie's mum and dad will be proud and passing on his best wishes. Ronnie mentions that in one of his books.

I didn't think Ronnie had the mindset to become a world champion and felt the same about Judd so it shows what I know. The game has changed a lot from the drawn out tactical battles and I'm still amazed how Judd could beat John in the safety game. I thought John's experience would keep it close but Judd is on his best form every. Well played to him and I hope he enjoys the next 12 months. £1m this season isn't too shabby.
                            Last edited by MrRottweiler; 6 May 2019, 08:09 PM.
                            www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

• Wow didn't realize how many haters we have in here - was enjoying the forum quite a bit until the final days of the WC. Go and hide in your little holes you groundhogs!

Judd - arrogance? I was thinking he didn't seem excited or emotional after the win! I would have accepted him breaking down or banging the table or anything for that matter after a win like that.

John - class act...says he got away with not paying for a seat watching the final in his interview. Have your opinions but you CANNOT deny the class and the game of the man.

Comment

• Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
                                Wow didn't realize how many haters we have in here - was enjoying the forum quite a bit until the final days of the WC. Go and hide in your little holes you groundhogs!

Judd - arrogance? I was thinking he didn't seem excited or emotional after the win! I would have accepted him breaking down or banging the table or anything for that matter after a win like that.

John - class act...says he got away with not paying for a seat watching the final in his interview. Have your opinions but you CANNOT deny the class and the game of the man.
                                +1 to that!!!!!

Come on main forum, snooker Lovers, add your plus one to this.

If you love snooker, I can see no possible way of not appreciating Judds win, there is boyhood talent, complimented by a desire to entertain people, then ultimately a stronger desire to knuckle down,practice hard, strengthen all areas of his game in order to win more....

What's not to like or disrespect here ?

Dickwad numptys answer negatively below......
                                Last edited by Cue crafty; 6 May 2019, 08:38 PM.
                                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                                X