X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    He actually said he couldn't see how Wilson hadn't won anything.
    That's correct, Mark, "hadn't won anything".

This needs to be repeated. You're free not to like the guy, but don't criticise him for saying something he didn't. I think some people hear what they want to hear.
    Last edited by Billy; 1 May 2019, 06:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
    He actually said he couldn't see how Wilson hadn't won anything. I don't like the guy, but he started the interview fairly complementary. He did then go on to slate Wilson's style and technique, and bemoan his luck and Gary's good fortune, but he was at least gracious for the first 10 seconds.
    He´s turning a bit into a new Jimmy White (White beeing much more likeable though) , stating after the last 16 that he deserved to be world champion. I think he missed his best years beeing sick, and I don´t see him as a potential worldchampion any more, but he has never really been able to stand up to O´Sullivan and Higgins. And these days many more has come in front of him. One title in two years isn´t really convincing to me.

Leave a comment:

• Philthepockets
    replied
    Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
    Feel Kyren Wilson has become overly methodical/mechanical, so much so that when the mechanics of his stroke are perfect, he has no bit of rhythm/natural talent left to rely on to see him through a tough patch, Hence his hugely slow shot times.
    Pretty much what you would expect with the coach he has.

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Actually it was 6 of 8 (Carter and Gary Wilson being the exceptions).
    Which still qualifies as a surprise I think. When you don't expect it

It's not all about the ranking position.
    Agree, I would have been less surprised if Carter had got to the semifinal even though he started the tournament outside top 16-

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
    His form this season and who he has in the draw. I've tipped him from the start though. I know there's been surprises but Williams is in bad form, ROS was ill/hates WC, Selby hasn't been the same etc. It's first to 17 now as well.
    Well i've never been a betting man at all, but on the morning of the tournament i stuck £10 on Judd to win at 6/1, so obviously i'm hoping your right, but that pesky Wilson is playing decent, hopefully the longer match will see Judd win easily enough
    Also got money on Robbo as a back up, so a Robbo/Trump final will see me right

Leave a comment:

• Stony152
    replied
    Do all British guys say "my missus" instead of "my wife" or is it a regional thing? It sounds just as condescending as "the wife" to my North American ears.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
    Feel Kyren Wilson has become overly methodical/mechanical, so much so that when the mechanics of his stroke are perfect, he has no bit of rhythm/natural talent left to rely on to see him through a tough patch, Hence his hugely slow shot times.
    I think he was overrated from the start tbh. How he got praise whilst Trump was given stick I don't know....look at their accomplishments.

Leave a comment:

• Mark187187
    replied
    Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
    wow - just watched Carter's post presser. I get you lost and are dissapointed but to say "I see why he hasn't won anything" it was his day bla bla bla. F*ck off. Go on Gary!

Gary is such a nice guy - he came over to Canada a while back and I didn't get a chance to meet him but from what everyone said he was a class act.
    He actually said he couldn't see how Wilson hadn't won anything. I don't like the guy, but he started the interview fairly complementary. He did then go on to slate Wilson's style and technique, and bemoan his luck and Gary's good fortune, but he was at least gracious for the first 10 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
    Wow lol. I think I have read somewhere that Carter isn't actually that well liked on tour by the other players. Could be wrong though.
    I think you are not wrong. I remember hearing this as well.

Leave a comment:

• JimMalone
    replied
    Originally Posted by Rane View Post
    Just not the top 16 players we expected to be there.
    Actually it was 6 of 8 (Carter and Gary Wilson being the exceptions).
    Which still qualifies as a surprise I think. When you don't expect it

It's not all about the ranking position.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
    How do you work that out then ???
    His form this season and who he has in the draw. I've tipped him from the start though. I know there's been surprises but Williams is in bad form, ROS was ill/hates WC, Selby hasn't been the same etc. It's first to 17 now as well.

Leave a comment:

• Ronnie's tip
    replied
    Originally Posted by arsalanjami View Post
    wow - just watched Carter's post presser. I get you lost and are dissapointed but to say "I see why he hasn't won anything" it was his day bla bla bla. F*ck off. Go on Gary!

Gary is such a nice guy - he came over to Canada a while back and I didn't get a chance to meet him but from what everyone said he was a class act.
    Wow lol. I think I have read somewhere that Carter isn't actually that well liked on tour by the other players. Could be wrong though.

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    Originally Posted by JimMalone View Post
    Before the tournament I looked at the third quarter and for a second played with the thought of actually picking Gary Wilson for the semifinal. With Selby so clearly out of form and having heard that Allen's focus wasn't really on Snooker right now, Wilson seemed like he really could make a surprise there. Much more so definitely to me than Brecel or Lisowski for example. But then I said to myself it was just too much of a shot into the blue.

As for David Gilbert, despite me thinking he's a good and better player than (Gary) Wilson, I never would have thought that he would come through in that first quarter. I imagined he could beat Perry and Williams, but then also Wilson or Hawkins? No way.

I can't remember to have TWO such surprising semifinalists since 2005, when Murphy and McCulloch both made it.

I think Trump will beat Wilson, though Gary won't go down without a fight. I imagine there's more possible for Gilbert, especially if he gets a tired Higgins, whose physical shape isn't the best these days.
    However my pick is that the winner of Higgins/Robertson will go on to win the title. But this is a World Championship full of surprises.
    Actually 7 of the 8 quarterfinalists were from top 16. Just not the top 16 players we expected to be there.

Leave a comment:

• arsalanjami
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fkhan
    replied
    Well done Dave and Gary. Couldn't watch today's matches.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X